Places to visit in Bogota

Hi,

For the ones living in Bogota, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Bogota, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Bogota?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

In my two years and half in Bogota, my favorite place of all is the flea Market in Usaquen.

but if I have friends and family visiting one of the first places I take them is to Centro Historico en la Candelaria, a great place to visit the Museums and some good restaurants like La Totuma.

second place to visit is Cerro de Monserrate, it's on the way to la Candelaria. the amazing view, the Church, the flea market and the restaurant will make you a nice day out.

Third place to go is Zipaquira. but don't miss to take the Tourist train to get there it's way more fun.
the Salt Cathedral is spectacular, good local food and many other thing to see and do.

for a weekend out side Bogota,  Villa de Leyva. a beautiful little town 3 hour from Bogota.
the big Square with the Church and all the restaurants and bars. lovely Posadas at low cost, honestly a weekend to remember.

Don't miss the Irish Pub in Usaquen. seat outside and you will enjoy a great variety of art and amazing people with fancy costums.

Don't forget your Jacket and the Umbrella ;)

best regards
Jo