Places to visit in Java

Hi,

For the ones living in Java, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Java, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Java?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hi, Julie. Where are you living in Java exactly? Central Java, east Java, west Java or Yogyakarta?

for the first, I suggest you to visit Yogyakarta and Solo, and Borobudur temple in Magelang,

Solo, the spirit of Java.

Enjoy yourself :)

Hello ariwahyudi.

Thank you for your contribution.

Regards

Karen :)

Yogyakarta is a good city to be visited.
I have ever lived there for 3 years, people are friendly and culture is good. If you like Javanese culture, you'd better go to Keraton palace,Prambanan and Borobodur temples which are located near Yogyakarta, you can also watch Sendratari Ramayana at Prambanan Temple. If you wanna taste Javanese Royal food, you can go to Bale Raos, the price is not expensive,it's owned by a wife of King Sri Sultan,so the recipe is original. Beaches are beautiful,clean there, such as Indrayati,Siung,Ngobaran,etc.
If you like caving,you can try to cave in Gua Pindul.

Besides, in Bandungan,Central Java,you can try outbound activities, also submerging in pool,which water comes from mountain,it's so fresh. You can check the website umbulsidomukti.com/.
Another place that is seldom known by foreigners are Gedongsongo temple in Bandungan,Central Java. The temples are 9.located on hill,so if you like walking,you can visit there.
there's a sulfur pool there too,it's good for health

Don't forget the Wonosobo area.
We also have temples and a lovely mud volcano you can get right up to the edge of.
Cool, breezy and interesting.

As previously said - I would recommend you to visit Jogja as well... It's really nice city with "acient spirit". You can visit there sultan's palace and baths. Not far from Jogja is also Borobudur - UNESCO - the biggest buddhist temple in the world. Also not far from Jogja is Merapi volcano. You can't get directly to the volcano, but it's also a nice trip..

Another city to visit could be the city of Bandung. It's located 3 hours by citytrans southern from Jakarta and I would recommend it for shopping (it's also called the Paris of south-east Asia). There are lot of outlets with nice and cheap clothing. Close to Bandung there are also dead volcanos like Tangkuban Perahu (it's more sulphurous lake than a volcano in these days). Thanks to this you can find sulphurous thermal baths in Bandung as well.

And if you love snorkeling and you want to enjoy tropical paradise, I would recommend you to visit Karimunjawa islands which are located cca 80km northern from Semarang.

Hello :)

Thank you all for your contribution :)

Regards.

Karen :)

Hello Karen,

Your welcome :)

Regards,
Ari