Places to visit in Dalian

Hi,

For the ones living in Dalian, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Dalian, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Dalian?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

AH hi Julie,
i would say Xinghai square is a must. for other places in Dalian city would really depend. if you like amusement park, you would go to Discovery Land (发现王国), if you want to go to zoo, then Forest Zoo. Golden Pebble Beach is said pretty but it's in development zone. besides Dahei Mountain in development zone is good for hiking. hope those are helpful to you :)

Hi Julie,
If you like museum and history, Dalian have several museum can be explored such as Modern Museum near Xing Hai area. Like Gloria said The Forest zoo is good too, you can see Panda in there. There are several place I need to explore also since I am new in Dalian as well so will tell later when find interest place.

Hi glorialu and hi rudylin,

Thank you very much for your contribution. :)

Christine
Expat.com team

Hi Christine,
You are welcome, we are in same boath as a foreigner and need to share information each other :)

You are welcme! :)