Places to visit in Georgia USA

Hi,

For the ones living in Georgia USA, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Georgia USA, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days or for a week of holidays in Georgia USA?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

In Atlanta, stone montain, cocacola museum, six flags.
The outlet are very good in georgia
Outside Helen is very good and only 1h30 from atlanta.
Charleston and Savannah on the Atlantic coast are very nice.

The historical Museum has excellent Civil War Exhibits and Olympic Exhibits. The Wrens Nest is Atlanta's oldest house museum. It's the home of Joel Chandler Harris, Uncle Remus, and Brer Rabbit Childrens books and Disney's Song of the South fame.  There are the Indian Burial mounds and Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. What about Racing, Road Atlanta, The Dixie speedway are great things to do.  Be an extra in a movie. Atlanta is becoming the Hollywood of the South... There are always casting calls for group shots.  There is also the Aquarium and the new 20 Story Ferris Wheel “Sky View” that was just installed this year.  Don't forget the Margret Mitchel House and tour of the Fox Theater.  MLK National Monument and The Jimmy Carter Presidential Library.

Well i am not in Georgia at the moment (more like overseas lol) But i was born and raised there, and my favorite places to hangout with friends and to have fun are; 1. The Underground, everyone in atlanta LOVES the underground, you find really cool stuff there :) 2. The Georgia Mall. the biggest mall in the South :) 3. The CNN building, want to bump into a celebrity? well the CNN building is the place, but i guess timing counts lol 4. and last place i like going with friends and visitors is the Coca Cola Factory. Those were my top 4 :) there are a lot of other places to like Stone mountain, and Six flags, and the MLK place.

Yep I LOVE GEORGIA.
southern girl for life <3

I don't understand you want to come to Georgia for vacation or you will be in Georgia and want to know where to go.

Either way I would recommend not wasting time in the South and just stay to see the scenery you can see all you need in 2 days. There is no culture or anything of interest to most Europeans unless they have been disillusioned by Hollywood.

Hi mdg227,

Please note that Julie is part of the Expat.com :)

This discussion has been launched to gather information on the places to visit in Georgia USA. So if you have any information on this topic, please feel free to share them on the Forum ;)

@Marlin - you are replying to... :whistle: ??

Thank you

Maximilien