Places to visit in Moscow

Hi,

For the ones living in Moscow, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Moscow, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Moscow?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hi, Julie!
As a dweller of Moscow city, whom like walking on a streets of my town, I say that:
If you came first time in Moscow, you must will be going to the Kremlin. Your walking will be all day long, if you will be coming in few historical buildings or museums on a territory of the Kremlin. On the next day you may walking on the streets, parks or embankments of the Moscow. But if you will be walking alone, VERY most of citizens cannot help you for they doesn't know English.

hi guys

I am in moscow on 19th august for a day before a I fly out to north russia due work would be great to get some tips things to do and places to visit or if anyone wants to join first drink ia in me

smiley

Well... I am a Moscovite myself and I travel mainly by local electric and speed trains .

I'd say that there are many interesting places in Moscow and around. I also run a blog, which might be helpfull in choosing a place to visit. And, I will be happy to share the details on itinerary, tickets, and trains.

The last town, I've visited was Suzdal, a Golden Ring town and a very pretty place. May be you'll like it too. Have a look.

Suzdal

BR,
Maria

Hello :)

Thank you all for your contribution.

Regards.

Karen :)