English speaking bars in Madrid

Administrators! This is not an add. Just useful info for english speaking people who come to Madrid to meet people easily.

Hi there! you might want to check out these places. They organize english speaking sessions for spaniards to practice english, and there are obviusly several foreigners there that speak english. it's a good option to meet people that speak both languages. Try to contact them first cause it's not like I visit them every day and the could have cancelled some of their meetings. Just google their names for telephones or emails.

Beer Station:
On tuesdays and thursdays a group of english speaking people gather up here. The watch movies in english and then they talk about the firm or whatever comes up. Sign up on their fb page first though!.
c/Cuesta de Santo Domingo 22  Metro: Santo Domingo

Café Galdós:
Here "Madrid Babel" organizes meetings for exchange students. Wednesdays at 20:30 and sundays at 19:00. c/ Los Madrazo, 10  Metro: Sevilla

Carmencita Bar:
On tuesdays: "Cañas and Conversation" starting at 21:00. Bellini cocktails for 1 euro!. info@ carmencita.bar.madrid[at]gmail.com
c/ San Vicente Ferrer, 5 Noviciado

The Irish Rover:
Ver popular bar in Madrid and locates in an area with several other clubs. 19:30 to 22:30 all days.
Avenida de Brasil, 7 Santiago Bernabeu

Downtown Madrid:
Thursdays 18 till 23:30 english and sometimes even french, german italian, portuguese and obviously spanish.
c/ San Mateo, 21 Alonso Martinez o Tribunal

Oneill's:
On tuesday night "exchange night" and with special prices for participants. Starts at 22:00, ask for David. info@ intercambio[at]oneills.es
c/ Principe, 12 Sol

Ole Lola:
Tuesdays from 20 to 23:00 english conversation sessions organized by Out Loud English. Special offers in tapas and drinks.
c/ San Mateo, 28 Metro: Tribunal, Chueca

J&J Books and Coffee:
Bar-bookstore full of brits and americans, and spaniards of course. Slightly expensive though. Wednesdays and thursdays at 20:00 C/ del Espíritu Santo, 47  Noviciado

Hi markingson,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for sharing this information but please avoid copy paste this message on all the forums.

Thank you for your comprehension,
Christine
Expat.com team

Yup! Thx :) At first I thought I'd copy it in all the posts asking for this kind of info... but then I decided to just make a new post for everyone to see ;)

Thanks for doing this, really helpful, appreciate your effort.  Wish we had a list like this for Seville or Valencia or Barcelona.
Saludos, Jim