VISA (working and business)

Greetings from the Philippines!

Hello I'm back again with yet another new question. I hope everyone can help me with this one again.....
So here I go....

What kind of questions should I anticipate from immigration officers about a business visa??? And what are its pros and cons??

Help please...my employer is still applying for a working visa but is considering getting business instead for faster transactions.

Thanks very much everyone!

Best,
Jin

Hi Jinion. Good to hear back from you. Was wondering what happened to your job application.

It probably is a good idea to get a business visa if the work permit is getting delayed. Questions at immigration will be straightforward if you have a letter of invitation from your sponsor here. Downside is the relatively shorter duration of visa and, more importantly, what would happen if the work permit does not get approved for some reason. You wouldn't want to get here and then find yourself without a work visa.

hi farhaz, goodevening!
re: job application, im definitely hired but the trouble comes in with the visa...as of now, my business visa is still being processed (fingers tightly crossed) and this one is already bothering me and here i go knowing about the uncertainty of not being granted of a working visa when i get there....

and surely huh, everything in your country stalls during ramadan.....too much delay on processing of papers for my part....

Only 8 days to go, but then you have EID to get through.

Please do not move here until you know you will be secure for more than a few months.

Relocating is a big step and you want to do it knowing you will be okay.

Do not rush in to anything, your employer sounds okay but make sure they are thinking of you and not just thinking of themselves.

Stay safe

I agree with some of the comments here above. Yes, you can come here on a business visa, but still you will need an invitation from your work for a business visa and it's probably going to take as long as it takes for your work visa, for the obvious reason that things take their time here during Ramadan, specially at the government buildings.

I would highly recommend you to be patient and wait for your work visa to be processed.

Good luck.

hi everyone thanks for the advice!
re: invitational letter- no worries with this one..im surely assured of this one.
re: relocating and working visa - they said that i have to be there asap as school starts sept 1 (im correct, right?) and then they will process my working visa there...if processing working visa there doesnt go well, i have a 2 way ticket so i can just go back here and wait here for everything to be processed..though hopefully, that doesnt happn..hope everything goes well...

im safe with my employer theyre a family friend (sort of)...

anyways, please tell me more of your thoughts regarding this matter..theyre very much appreciated!thank you, thank you!

There's still a month to the 1st September. It should be ok by then. Is your work suggesting that you better apply for a business visa?

hi brightonguy

i dont really know if i should say that my work calls for a business visa..all i know is that school opens sept 1 and what would my students do without me..thats pretty much the reason why they applied for the business visa as im urgently needed to be there and business visa is the fastest way...was i able to answer your question ??

Yes you were. Thanks.

so what do you think then..is the business visa the proper visa that ishould be having or i might as well be patient and wait for my working visa to beprocessed here (as everybody suggests)...

My personal suggestion would be to do what your employer is telling you to do.

okay....ill just have to do a lot of waiting...thanks a lot!

I'm aware that a business visa is for someone wanting to open a business and that you need a working visa.
The government are targeting teachers working and not using the correct visa. They are deported the same day. Make sure that you not only speak with your employer but you speak to the embassy too.

Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly for you

really???thanks for that very useful information!
ill sure as hell talk to my employer about that.thanks!

It was all over the Gulf Daily News and my clearing agent said he knows quite a lot of the teachers who were sent home.

Just be careful for your own sake please and be sure to let us know how you get on

do they hunt down these teachers in a typical school setting???

I wouldn't call it a hunt as such but they go to the schools and ask to see their working visas.

i wont be working in the usualy classroom set-up...would this make any sene??

To be honest, I don't know, I'm just saying make sure you have the correct working visa as checks are carried out all the time

There are different types of business visas. Not all of them are to open a business. Some of them are for contractors or temp workers, and some to open a business. The "hunt down" is for people who are on a visa that does not allow them to work.

As suggested earlier, go with what your HR is suggesting, with your ultimate goal to get the residence permit which allows you to work.

Good luck!

he has told me about that residence permit...told me that it will be his priority the very moment we move...

fingerscrossed...

The authorities were cracking down on housewives working as teachers without proper work permits. In jinion's case, it is clear she will not be on a "housewife" visa. Hence she need not worry too much about these checks.

Having said that, its always better to come hereon the correct visa category to avoid any unnecessary complications later.