Transferring all money from US to Saudi Bank

Hi,

Since I am planning to move from US to KSA, I was wondering how I will transfer my money form US bank to Saudi bank. I do not have account in Saudi bank, and can only open once i reach there.

So when I am in Saudi Arabia, how will I transfer my money from US bank to Saudi Arabia? :S

How much cash should I take with me when I come to Saudi Arabia first time?

you can't transfer money if you don't have any account in Saudi Arabia it is better to bring $20,000 cash with you or a credit card you can take your cash out from any ATM machine in Saudi Arabia. Mind only credit card not ATM card.

Gentleman,  Why you want to bring your millions of dollars in Saudi Arabia?  I believe you coming to saudi Arabia to make money and take home..  correct?

When did @rabighexpat say that he would like to bring 'millions of dollars'? :P

I would warn rabighexpat that every time he moves money around he's not only paying fees but might also be losing $$ based on the exchange rate. What I mean is that if he moves his money from USA to KSA and then back to Pakistan, that's three moves.  He might be better off just using Pakistan as his 'home base' bank and having the Saudi bank for his paycheck depository and living costs. 

Additionally, and I don't know if this is rumor or not, but every so often I get word that we shouldn't build up large savings here in KSA (the implication being that some new law will limit expats from sending large sums of money out of the country).  It's probably urban myth but who knows?  Stranger things have happened here.

@james I believe it's illegal to leave the US with more than $10,000 cash.

I know you can bring 10,000 dollars when you leave USA otherwise you will have to proof it, Credit card is the best solution keep as much as you want .

james donaldson wrote:

Credit card is the best solution keep as much as you want .

:top:

Yes but if you check your credit card just for blance inquiry 50 riyals just been debit from your account that is interesting i seen with Stander chartered bank account CC.

faisalkh wrote:

Gentleman,  Why you want to bring your millions of dollars in Saudi Arabia?  I believe you coming to saudi Arabia to make money and take home..  correct?

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.. LOLZ. I did not have to do a job if I had MILLIONS :cool:

@Alliecat Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Unfortunately my bank account in Pakistan was suspended due to non-activity over the past few years. So the only accounts I have are in US now :/

I'll probably have to visit Pakistan once to open an account there.

When you say Credit Card, do you mean pre-paid credit card???