Australian arriving in Ho Chi Minh City middle of August for 3 months.

Hello all,

I'm coming to Ho Chi Minh City in the middle of August. I was an Engineer but got sick of my job so quit and will be studying full time, externally, this semester.

I decided I'd come to Ho Chi Minh city as it is cheaper and places I want to visit are more accessible than living in Australia. Also because I really like the place.

I have been to Vietnam before, my longest stay being 3 months in Nha Trang. I have some contacts in HCMC, especially within the Vietnam Swans AFL team.

I've joined the forum to find others and also to put it out there for accommodation. I'm looking for a relaxed share house. In or near D1. Budget less than $400 at this stage. Must have good internet as my course is online.

Cheers,
Andrew

hey u, nice to meet u and welcome to saigon, about apartment is what u need, i can consulate to u, and add my skype: lan.lysong, we can discuss to it more than

There are two rooms in an apartment in district one both are vacancy. I just got the mail from them today as I also posted on expat housing that I'm looking for a room too,  it's available now, but I only can move there on Sept.
You can get their e-mail thru p.m me if you haven't get any room yet,

Thanks for the assistance. I will make contact closer to my arrival date.

welc to saigon , andrew, i hope u will like saigon as u liked nha trang before

[moderated: no free ad. Please post in the housing section. Thanks.]

I have a few rooms now to check out. But if you know of anyone that is looking for friendly, considerate housemate for a couple of months, then let me know!

If its only for a few months you will struggle, better off in a hotel. Beware of some people who post here, I have see the same replies from them for the last three months, they are what we call touts.

welcome to HCMC Big_Mac

colinoscapee wrote:

If its only for a few months you will struggle, better off in a hotel. Beware of some people who post here, I have see the same replies from them for the last three months, they are what we call touts.

Hello Colin,

I'll try initially, as I wouldn't mind living with some interesting people. But I do know what you mean.

I spent 3 months in a hotel in Nha Trang, but it's a bit harder to get shorter term places up there.

Thanks for the heads up on the touts, I'm trying mainly for expats and those with a solid grasp on English syntax to weed out those that may not be genuine.

Cheers.