Medical Insurance Card where can i use it???

Hi,

My company has issued me a medical insurance card i understand its to cover medical bills and any medical tests or operations are paid for with this card.

But my question is can i also use it in chemists or pharmacies to buy medication for free?

Thank You

choudhers wrote:

Hi,

My company has issued me a medical insurance card i understand its to cover medical bills and any medical tests or operations are paid for with this card.

But my question is can i also use it in chemists or pharmacies to buy medication for free?

Thank You

Hi,
Medical insurance card is used to get discounts in hospitals and medicals. You can get medicines with discount rates but not for FREE :P

Different companies will have different insurance policies with variety of medical services /providers included. As a beneficial of the insurance card, every time you use it, you will pay a contribution ( a percentage of the total cost of the service/s provided). This contribution will range anywhere between 0-20% with a cap of X amount (as a maximum amount you will pay for all the services, usually it's around 100SR), so yes it can be for free.

NOW, you can't simply go to a chemist asking for a drug and then expect the insurance company to pay for it. The prescription should come from a doctor working in one of the medical facilities included in your insurance company coverage list.

Your insurance card must come with a booklet that lists all covered hospitals/pharmacies/dentists/opthalmologists.

choudhers wrote:

Hi,

Thank You

did you use www.google.co.uk  -> What is Medical insurance before posting one here ?

Show your card when you go to the pharmacy.