Documents needed to register at townhall.

Apologies if this topic is somewhere in the forum (I see there is a Formalities section) but I have not been able to find it.

I hold an English(EU) passport, although I have never lived in the UK. What documentation (employment contract, etc.) do I need to register and how long (approximately) does the process take until the residence permit is issued ?

Many thanks.

Not sure what an English passport is.
Go and ask the gemeentehuis what they want to bring, they're all different. A general rule is proof of identity and nationality, proof of right to live in Belgium, proof of ability to live in Belgium (if not Belgian) in the form of income.

EU nationals do not need residence permits, so won't be given one, only non EU nationals get them. If you're asking about how long it takes to get a registration proof, in paper or E-card form, again ask the gemeentehuis, as the length of time take will depend somewhat on your personal circumstances. How long it took others might not indicate how long it will take you unfortunately.

My passport gives me EU national status, so I guess I'll just need the registration proof.

I'll pay a visit then to the gemeentehuis and see what they want.

Thanks very much for that.Cheers.