How to find a fast job in hanoi

hi everybody
we just move to hanoi and we would like some advice how to find a fast job. my gf is Chinese, She speaks Chinese,English and Spanish. I am Spanish, I speak Spanish,English,Catalan,Chinese and Italian.
Thanks
Daniiel & Li he

Hi Daniiel & Li he,

Can you please tell us in which sector you guys are looking for work, maybe a few words about your qualification or experience might help us or the other members to give you a better guidance :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks Maximillien,
She does web pages and I am a native qualified Spanish teacher but I have also worked as an English teacher and a translator from English to Spanish .
All the best
Daniel

Hello Daniel.

You may post your resume/CV in the Teaching jobs in Hanoi section.

And for your friend, i think that the IT & Telecommunications jobs in Hanoi section will best suit her.

Thanks and wish you good luck.

Karen :)

Thanks karen

aren't you lucky........
I cannot find a chinese girlfriend and I am Chinese myself .....wow ...how did you do it ..
philip

You can do a job as Spainish or English teacher in some central in hanoi.

I hire foreigners through UNESCO.  It is not as easy as 'just finding a job'.  Legally, you must have a work permit to work (which requires a police background check and medical check up).  If you are looking for an English center, most reputable places require you follow Vietnamese law:  Have a 4 year degree, an English Teaching Certificate (CELTA, TESOL or TEFL)and the aforementioned work permit.  You may find work at a place that does not follow the law - but work at your own risk.  They may not pay you as promised and will use the excuse that you are not qualified or legal to work if there is a dispute between you and them, or if the authorities check on their foreign employees.

Finding a quick job can lead to a lot of headaches if you did not plan ahead.  Technically, if you are here on a tourist visa, you are not supposed to work.  Although, never expect a VN employer to pay for your residency card or work permit, especially if you are already here.  -  You'll likely have to pay for that yourself if you were not officially invited into Vietnam by the company you work for.   

Of course this is Vietnam, where laws are often ignored - but when caught, it can be a hefty price (bribe) to stay.

Doing things the proper way can make it much smoother for your time here. 

Good luck.

As far as I know, it's not that of a hard work to find a job in Hanoi especially [moderated: illegal is not recommended here]

I suggest having a look on TNH website in the jobs section, there are a lot of positions available for foreigners. Or if you have any friends teaching English here, they may have some information on where they work, usually the English centres always have jobs for you.

Good luck.

Just so everyone is clear.  Foreigners need a work permit in Vietnam.  Getting a 'fast job' illegally is not recommended.  Due to recent events both in Vietnam and overseas, illegal workers will be expelled and not allowed to return. 

Have a care.

http://blog.rushvietnamvisa.com/blog/20 … it-expats/