Freelancing in Astana

Hi. I need some street-wise advice on freelancing as an English teacher in Astana.  Usual stuff: working visa?  banking? registration? finding work.

The street advice: if you are planning to teach individuals do it as friend without tax payments and applying for working visa. However, if there will be the local organisations you should register officially. I've got a contact my previous English teacher he could give you some real advises, I suppose.

Hi, Allanpeter! Our English school is looking for a native English speaker who would like to run our English speaking club, one hour once a week. Please email me if you are interested: [email protected]. We'd love to work with you!

And yes, you ca do this as a freelancer! I would advise you to find individual learners and teach them as a friend. There are many people in Astana willing to learn from you and can pay you better than big schools.

Hi Kam and Akmaral.  Many thanks for both sets of advice. This sounds good as I would only be planning on short visits (three-four weeks at a time, and one-to-one sounds better than classroom for me.  Akmaral - when I next plan to come to Astana I'll certainly 'buzz' you.  Even if I only manage a couple of sessions each visit, it is a different voice to get to know. At the moment I am 'deep into' an engineering project, so have no immediate plans for a visit.

Here is another hint for you, Allanpeter. You can go to:

bb.ct.kz
astanaforum.com
forum.myastana.kz

Go to educational part of these forums.There are lots of topics where people are crazy about looking for a teacher like you))

Are you an engineer teaching English? That's interesting) Are you planning to spend your 3-4 week vacations in Astana or it is a job trip? Sorry for my curiousity)

Hi, our English centre in Astana is seeking English teacher, please, contact: [email protected]

Hi Gulnara.  Thanks so much for your message.  I have been 'hijacked' back into engineering consultancy for the present time, and have had to postpone my Astana plans.  I do have every intention of coming back to Astana at some time - but it won't be for a while yet. I may not be a perfect candidate for you as I had planned to do short courses rather than a long term commitment.  Allan

Thank you. Please, tell me if your friends or anybody who is native English teacher want to work in Astana.