E-Pass

-Hi I wanted to know why my e-pass got rejected , as it was applied by an agency and they told me that the reason it was rejected is because I am not eligible for an E-Pass. They also charged my SGD 300.00 to apply for pass which is non refundable.

I have 8 years of experience in Banks like JP Morgan Chase , Bank Of America, and I am a degree holder . I have experiance in Customer service and IT Helpdesk what is the criteria of rejection its very disappointing.

Agents cannot apply for EP, only the company employing you can.
And MoM never gives a reason for rejection.
I suspect you have been cheated.

Who is your employer? Ask them if they applied, how and when. Then check the MoM online system.
The employer can appeal against a rejection if they really want to hire you.

Yep Beppi is rt !
Only your employer can apply for EP.
You can appeal if ur application got rejected.
Nowadays it is getting more tougher to get an E Pass.
MOM is restricting.

well the agency has a company also and they applied for that company charged $300.00 it was showing on MOM website however when I asked agency they said that I am not eligible for e-pass which is difficult for me to agree . I also checked on mom website this agency has got one e-pass approved only till date and many s-pass well when I asked them to reapply they declined saying that since you r not eligible we cannot reapply

HI Divya ,
1. It is the company's expenses to apply for ur EPass.
2. If you are ineligible for Epass, then why did the company file the application in first place.
3. Use the link to assess yourself if you are eligible "Theoritically" http://sat.mom.gov.sg/satservlet
This link helps you to assess if you are eligible to apply as per their rules & regulations.
4. Yet issuance of Visa is still MOM's discretion.
All you can do now is try to convince your employer to appeal.
Or hunt for a new job.
ALL THE BEST !

I did checked on Mom website and took self assessment for pass eligibility. The result was I can apply for E-pas and S-pass but i dont know how this cheated me .  I met many people for job but all the agents who claim have Jobs aske for money even this agent who charged me $300.00 to apply for E-pass asked for his Fee of $5000.00 if my E-pass is approved other said he will get the E-pass after looking at my resume but we will have to pay him $7000.00 .
I dont know how MOM is not aware of this business in Singapore by such agencies as they are registered by them as I always check before I pay any thing to any agency . I hope I get a Job later in Singapore .

It is illegal in Singapore for a heathunter/job agency to charge the applicant anything.
It is also illegal for the employing company to charge the EP/S-Pass fees to the applicant, or bill him for effort they had with applying for it.
They have clearly cheated you and will continue to cheat others if you don't take action!
In case you have everything in writing, I suggest you report the agency and the employer to MoM, then contact the Small Claims Tribunal (SCT) to get your money back (there is a small fee for using the SCT, I think S$10 or so).

The only thing i have in writing is the receipt she gave me for $300.00 agency fee that all she took my sign on a paper that read abt the $5000.00 fee that I agree to pay...well all I will do is that look out for a job in companies directly and chuk these agents out

If somebody makes you sign a contract or other paper and doesn't give you a copy, that's a sure sign of a cheat!
Well, you learn from mistakes.

Yes u r right now I will not get cheated ,....I learned

Hi Divya , where r u from , which agency is this ?

Divya,

Please go and search in the singapore Jobsites to see if there is a good demand which is matching your skills. If you see a good demand, you can probably approach the companies to apply for jobs.

Try;;

Jobstreet.com.sg
Monster.com.sg
jobsdb.com.sg
and many more job sites are there..