Is it possible to live in bahrain with this budget

Hi guys am still asking lots of question on this forum  and now that i got more details about my job offer i would like to ask you guys for advice on how i plane on budgeting my salary to be able to live in bahrain.

Situation
===========
Age 26yo
Sex: Male
Single Executive Bachelor
Very Modest lifestyle
Position: Web Developer/ Visual designer
Experience 2.5 years

Total Salary: 500BD
====================
-  Rent 170-200BD For a furnished studio
-  Food and grocery: 100-120BD ( will be cooking and not eating out a lot)
-  Internet/ Phone: 30 BD
-  Transportation: Taken care of by the company
-  Other Expenses: 50-70BD
-  Saving: 100BD ( not that much but as we say its always something :D )

I would really appreciate any kind of help or advice on this matter as I am really new to the Expat life

I would also like to know what can 100BD get you in grocery shoping and food (mostly vegetables and fruits and other natural food not a big fan of junk food)

Do you think the salary is ok for my experience and position.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Abderrezak

welcome
I like to say things in short & to the point
Dear if u r asking BHD 500 enough to survive in The kingdom , then you are a very lucky guy . People staying in the Kingdom with salary of 120 BHD only . (BHD 500 for a web-developer  <<  i'm not sure if it's more than your home country then you should give it a try 😜😜) 
It's up to you  how  you wanna spend / live ,
you are a single bachelor i'll say go for flat sharing ,100 BHD enough to stay in Hidd or Hoora .
food & grocery 100-120 😐  no comments ( i dint cross 50BHD until now )
internet & phone 30 BHD 😳 no need to pay that much , Companies are offering free local calls and unlimited internet plan for just BHD 8-15 ( nowadays everyone using smart phone ,skype , viber )
50-70 other expenses oh yeah 👍👍
Now come to the savings 😮  :D:D

abderrezak wrote:

Hi guys am still asking lots of question on this forum  and now that i got more details about my job offer i would like to ask you guys for advice on how i plane on budgeting my salary to be able to live in bahrain.

Situation
===========
Age 26yo
Sex: Male
Single Executive Bachelor
Very Modest lifestyle
Position: Web Developer/ Visual designer
Experience 2.5 years

Total Salary: 500BD
====================
-  Rent 170-200BD For a furnished studio
-  Food and grocery: 100-120BD ( will be cooking and not eating out a lot)
-  Internet/ Phone: 30 BD
-  Transportation: Taken care of by the company
-  Other Expenses: 50-70BD
-  Saving: 100BD ( not that much but as we say its always something :D )

I would really appreciate any kind of help or advice on this matter as I am really new to the Expat life

I would also like to know what can 100BD get you in grocery shoping and food (mostly vegetables and fruits and other natural food not a big fan of junk food)

Do you think the salary is ok for my experience and position.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Abderrezak

thank you very much for this very useful information that's the kind of information I was looking for

I agree with Khush, if you are going to lead a modest lifestyle, you can survive easily and save on a salary of BD 500. Estimates given by Khush also appear reasonable.

If you can push for a higher salary why not try that? I have seen on this forum and others where people have negotiated a higher offer after the first initial one.

Give it a try and see what happens. It may work in your favor.
Good luck  :)

J.

thank you guys for all this support i will try to ask for around 50 to 100BD more if i can get that i guess i will be ok but for sure from what we have talked about in the interviews we are supposed to negociate the salary in the first year inchallah

Hi all,

Please note that some off topic post were moved.

Thank you,

David.