Do i have a chance as an english teacher in Spain?

Hi all,

I heard that teaching english in Spain is a potential job,i love teaching and love this place as well . i am looking for a job as an english teacher in Spain,
,any advices are welcomed. here are my qualifications as well :

- I have a bachelor in engineering (Fresh graduate,January 2013) ,
- Currently preparing Advanced TEFL diploma

- My whole study period was in an english atmosphere,starting the pre-elementary school grade and up-till the last year at university;means 18 years studying in an english atmosphere,

- I have had advanced english classes over my whole study years at school and at university as well,

P.S : i am opened to teach technical subjects;Mathematics,physics,science,etc.. because of my well-honed engineering background

Hi

I think the answer is yes though it depends where you go of course. The English market is very buoyant at the moment because people believe, correctly, that if they are able to speak English they will have more opportunity particularly to work away from Spain.

I presume that you are not a native English speaker which will be a disadvantage. "Natives" have it easy and Spaniards have the advantage that they can explain things to students. Nonetheless in the place where I teach we have a Japanese teacher of English for instance so it's not impossible.

If I were looking for work I would go to one of the cities where people go looking for courses - Salamanca for instance has lots of language schools whereas there are far fewer in Murcia despite Murcia being much bigger.

Good luck

Hi Cule,

Thank's for your kind reply, and yes i am not native ,Definitely natives have more chances,not only in spain ,but for teaching a language you don't really need to speak the student language,there exists way more than one method doing that,of course this is something you know as a teacher,and it's one main thing still keeping hope for a chance there . Do you think contacting language schools in Salamanca would work?or you think better i should move there and search for something on the ground? I appreciate it If you have some links for schools or whatever there in Salamance that i might start with )

Thank's alot,

Hi InvisibleLegend,

I suggest you post you resume in the Teaching jobs in Spain section please :)

Best of luck

Thank you

P.s - Thank you for your contribution Culebronchris :top:

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thank you :)