Health insurance costs for expat in HCMC

Do any of you guys know what health insurance costs for an expat living permanently in VN? (Not temp travel insurance)

Do you organize it through an Australian company or in Vietnam

What are the standards of hospitals like there? Is it viable to retire there and manage old age / health issues?

Long way off that yet but just interested

Best to do an online search. There are plenty of companies offering medical cover for Asia. 
the costs vary depending on the degree of cover.
Just Google 'medical insurance vietnam'

Fender22
better check out with hospital serve foreigner such as Columbia,fv.they sell insurance package so you don't have to worry about it.global insurance will be too costly I would say

Thank you Christine. I don't know if I can trust you though?
I here you'e a very tricky girl hahaha :-)

Sorry!!!!

christine thuy wrote:

Fender22
better check out with hospital serve foreigner such as Columbia,fv.they sell insurance package so you don't have to worry about it.global insurance will be too costly I would say

I work for an insurance broker so health insurance here for one expat could from $1,000 to $4,000 per person per year depending on age, limit of benefit...

drop me a line if you want to know more

best

Wow, thats more expensive than I thought :-(

AS far as I know, VN has the cheapest premium in the region.
YOu still can have cheaper price (300-600$) but the coverage is lower

Appreciate your help. I am 50, fit and healthy...no problems

Would like enough cover to go to a decent hospital if nececary

Are the hospitals there pretty good?

Have you got a brochure or can you direct me to a website or something?

Once again, appreciate your help :-)

pm me your email. I will have someone to contact you.

International insurance is not always as costly as you may think as they tailor plans to different regions around the world. You might wanna check out A+ International and William Russell. As far as I know, A+ International offers a special plan exclusively for SE Asia and annual premium can cost from US$232. Worth checking out!

Just make sure you read the small prints. When checking correctly, you will find out, that:

- not valid for more than 180 day away from your home country
- not having anymore an address in your country
- need to have a french bank account

.... and many more such pitfalls.

I am now 6 years permanently here in Vietnam and so far, there is no medical insurance (western style) with affordable rates.
Cheapest so far, I have found works out for me like 8000 USd a year for virtually nothing.

If you are working for a big international company for a limited time in Vietnam - yes, there options.

I now have some kind Vietnamese basic insurance  + Vietnamese Private insurance, costs about 1  Million VND per month. However, there hare low limits an max payouts and high self costs.

I tried to obtain same coverage as I had in my previous employment and that amounted to USD 12,000+ p.a., which was about USD 8,000 more than the same coverage would have cost me in my home country!
So cheap absolutely not - all premiums and medical expenses charged by clinics and hospitals for foreigners are assumed to be paid by the employer.
When admitting I did not have an insurance, one of the famous HCMC Medical clinics offered me a discount to maintain me as a 'customer'!

Maybe it's because you guys are looking in the wrong direction?
Check William Russell and A+ International, they are definitely not charging $8000 per year - much lower and even half the price for Vietnam.

They have not even an address :(. I would be very careful on that

l3ully wrote:

They have not even an address :(. I would be very careful on that

Which one are you referring to? They all have an address

ok, got to revise, they have an address. was on a wrong page