VAT number for Germany

Hi,

My name is Soni. I've got a small Amazon business supplying Amazon France and Germany with CD's. I've just found out I need to be VAT registered for France and Germany. 

I wonder if anyone knows someone who can set me up cheaply for VAT in France and Germany (can be 2 separate local ones, no problem)

It's a very small business, only talking about £4-5000 pounds worth of sales. All by mail order from the UK.

I've been quoted a ridiculously high price by a British firm - £1,000 per country! Grrrrrrr 

I'm able to do returns myself, its just the initial registration I'm finding hard.

Any help will be great fully received and will give a rave review in this forum for anyone who can help me!

Soni

Hi Soni,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I hope the other members give you some feedback soon ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Soni,

my husband ran into the same problem as you did regarding the registration of a german vat number. Amazon and ebay somehow started requiring it for everyone who wants to sell in germany. He got help by this companyfor a reasonable price.

Columbus1506 wrote:

Hi Soni,

my husband ran into the same problem as you did regarding the registration of a german vat number. Amazon and ebay somehow started requiring it for everyone who wants to sell in germany. He got help by this companyfor a reasonable price.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You're responding to a post that nobody has been back to for many years; I suspect that nobody will respond to you, so on behalf of the Team here, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello, can you register for German vat?

So, I did this. And it took around 2 months. You have to register your business (gewerbe or freiberuflich), get your business Steur #, then apply for the VAT number. The whole process took me around 6 months (because of covid..). normally it's supposed to be quicker :)