Kawasdee Krub from Bangkok

Hello, everyone!
I'm Josh from Manila, and now living in Bangkok. It's officially my 3rd month here, and it is during this period when I think homesickness sinks in-- this is my first overseas assignment. I have practically cruised Bangkok malls, and some pubs/bars in Sukhumvit, Khao San and (a few) in Thonglor areas. I am getting bored, and missing home at the same time. Any suggestions for things to do especially during the weekdays? Thanks in advance!

well welcome to the real BKK I got an early lesson.. beer boozes drugsbar girls that's BKK..anything else cost big money try using the boat axis for a wider look at BKK

Hello Kuya Josh,

:) Kababayan here.

Thanks, William! Will do that one of these days.

Hi Marnie (I suppose) :D! Glad that a kababayan responded promptly. Hahaha!

I dont check my account that often.Lucky you! Haha.
I get home sick too (sometimes). You're still in adjustment period, you'll be fine after a while.
Bangkok is nice, I'm sure you'll enjoy your assignment term here. Wink!

Just reading the thread and realized I mispelled Sawasdee! Epic fail for my very first post :))

Hey Josh..

If it is bar and that you looking for, i canŽt help, as i donŽt do that, for me it is boring like hell and i am not 15 no more.... :lol:

So if you like to keep you body in sharp, maybe go to one of the park near your area that have join gymnastics, 1 up front doing some things, tell you what to do, and every one else do that, It is very fun, you meet the local people, and have a chance to start new friendship...
Normal time is very early, and after sun go down as Thai donŽt like the sun to much..

if you like take photo there is many free parks around where you can practice that.
Some have so you can rent bicycle and see more...

Bangkok have very good and cheap public transport, so it is easy for you to go out at see stuff...

You can go to area in Bangkok, and not only follow the main road/street, go to all the small sideways (Soi) A way from the big road/street, so you see place "much" Tourist donŽt see..

If you like bicycle around, do that (i love that my self) and you find Thai people are where friendly and open when you come, so many time i be invite to sit down and eat with them, they want to know my story..
I do know not all area have it easy for people to bicycle...

There is so much to see here, and it is only one self the hold one back..
Thai well love to have you drop by, spend a few min talk to you, show you stuff and so on..

I do know, that one have to have a open mind, not be afraid meeting new people..
I do know, many hold back on this, because they donŽt speak Thai, but i tell you, NOT a problem at all, Thai are very good to understand you, even so they donŽt speak English, and you donŽt speak Thai..
I did this a lot, when i first move to Thailand, so this is what i do my self..
Sure it is easy now for me, as i start to talk and understand a little Thai..
But i can tell you Josh, it is very fun, when you donŽt speak Thai, sometime because of misunderstanding you get a wrong way, BUT your going to see new things, and therefor it is big big fun...
When i do it, i have google map on my phone, so if i got lost, i turn that on, press home, so i all ways be able to find my way home, and yes, i got lost many many many time, but i see place i never have found, if i stay to the road/street must Tourist go..

Homesick ??
No, not have time for that, and not sure if i every feel that.
Have friends here that being in Thailand for +10-20 years not feeling homesick, So i do think it is up to people them self, to find some enjoyment in life here..

I do hope hope you can find something you like to do, and have fun doing so..
So you be homesick a little less..

Have a nice day, and have fun mate...