Best way to begin a new phase of life

We are a Canadian couple (57yrs & 59yrs)nearing semi-retirement. Would appreciate any helpful info. to ease into life in Belize. We wish to live "simple" yet comfortable near to fresh food markets & a beach. We would consider part-time employment in Belize. I am a "seasoned" painter and my wife has a nursing background.
Any and all info. is appreciated...

Hello Pitash.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

You should try to post an advert in the Painter job offers in Belize section and for your wife in the Nurse job offers in Belize section. It might be helpful.

Thanks and good luck

Karen :)

You will need a work permit which will take 6 months.  wages are very low.

Hello.

Please note that some off topic messages have been removed.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Regards.

Karen
Expat.com Team.

Hi Pitash,

My last place of residence was in Squamish, BC.  I understand your need to accelerate your retirement plans.
Come down and visit Belize. This small country is so diverse. Plan to spend as much time as you can here before making any long term decisions.

Living in Corozal (no Beaches) is very different from Placencia (beaches) or Cayo (mountains). The 1st issue to to find the area that suits your expectations and your budget. You'll know it when you see it really applies here.
From there it will be easier to to the research on purchasing real estate vs rentals, medical care, access to airports etc.
It will take time to see it all, but it will be well worth the trip.

Pitash      let us know when you will be here and we can set up a lunch or to provide more information than you can imagine.  too much to tell in a blog.   send me a private message when you get here with your phone number and we can sit down together.  Perhaps Nichi will join us.  later I can introduce you to a few people if you like.