900, reasonable salary?

i am recieving 900 a month but want to know if husband and two babies can come with me.

So 900 as a full package including all allowances? Plus which city you moving into?

Hello norma hadji.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Oman forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

900 plus rent water paid,nitzwa

Norma,
Its a considerable salary because the cost of living in Nizwa is so cheap. You'll be able to save 70% of your total salary.

what is the threat?

IN MUSCAT-------------

THE  PRACTICAL EXPENCES FOR FAMILY IN 2013.

1---HOUSE RENT----------------------OMR 300 (1BHK)

2--MONTHLYE.BILL&WATER BILL---------OMR 50

3.FAMILY GROCESSORIES---------------OMR 120 TO 150.

SO TOTALLY   OMR 500 NEEDED.

IF COMPANY GAVES HOUSE ,NO TENSION FOR REMAING.

MUSACT IS PLACE ,WHERE THERE IS FULL OF HUMANITY CAN SEE.

Well go for it as nizwa is quite cheap to live

is oman in general cheaper to live than the emirates or qatar or saudia arabia like jeddah or riyad.

norma hadji wrote:

is oman in general cheaper to live than the emirates or qatar or saudia arabia like jeddah or riyad.

Oh yes, Oman is a lot cheaper than Dubai. That being said, the opportunities are also less compared to Dubai. Business is relatively stable but the volume isn't very large as compared to the Emirates or Saudi...

Most people in the Western Hemisphere hardly know of Oman, though everyone knows about Dubai (having spend a vacation or two there..)

So, if your a quiet person, who is not into a LOT of partying and stuff, you should get on pretty well in Oman. However, the expat community isn't particular very large in other cities with the exception of the capital, Muscat.

thanks so much for that information,its great to recieve straightforward information.

hi
i have been to algeria,morroco and dubai, which is oman closer to in terms of shopping,accomadation peoples attitude to foreigners,in algeria they eyeball you,morroco friendly,dubai ignore,in my experience.i dont want to be unfair but just want to know.

norma hadji wrote:

hi
i have been to algeria,morroco and dubai, which is oman closer to in terms of shopping,accomadation peoples attitude to foreigners,in algeria they eyeball you,morroco friendly,dubai ignore,in my experience.i dont want to be unfair but just want to know.

Oh come on, dont tell me everyone eyeballs you in Algeria or that people ignore you in Dubai..... I think its more to do with the people around you, than the place itself.... course, there will be oddities everywhere... that's a part and parcel of life..... Generally Oman is a less of buzz than Dubai or the other G.C.C nations. Hope you have a great time here..... :D

as long as you are supplied with a flat, and I am not sure where you will be staying like Muscat? or Nizwa? for example.

Muscat is much more expensive for housing then the other cities of course. Also for other stuff.

So I would say YES. it is more than ok if they supply the flat.
good luck