Non issuance of iqama

Hi all,

It's been almost 5 months since my arrival in the Kingdom of Saudi, and my sponsor still hasn't gotten me my iqama. I haven't gotten anything from him on the subject apart from false promises "it'll be done by the end of this week" over the last 4 months. My sponsor is in the Green category, I verified that personally using the Ministry Of Labor website. I also ran a search on the Ministry of Interior's website using their "E-services > Passports > Query New Arrived Labor and Visitors" page, and correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand only the names of people who have not been issued an iqama should appear on the list - mine doesn't. My name does not show up when I run a search using my sponsor's ID and DOB (had to guess the latter). Does that mean that my iqama has in fact been processed? Is there any way for me to confirm that without having to rely on my sponsor, to somehow find out at least my iqama number if one has in fact been issued (as the results on the page linked above would suggest)?

Secondly, and most importantly, I have asked him for a final exit as I wish to go back home due to personal reasons. It's been over 3 weeks that I asked him for an exit and he's again so far given me nothing but one excuse after another as to why it hasn't been done yet. What I would like to know is what my options are, assuming of course a worst case scenario i.e in case he, for whatever reason, not only does not get me an exit, but also does not give me back my passport. What can I do then? I am a Pakistani. I haven't contacted my consulate about this yet as I'm still hopeful that the sponsor will inshAllah come through. But if god forbid that doesn't happen, what can I do? Are consulates able to obtain an exit for their citizens in one such case?

I do have copies of my passport and the entry visa stamped on it. Your input is highly appreciated.

Best regards.

Sorry to hear about the situation you are facing.

Look for a 10 digit number on your passport copy starting with a 2 (e.g 2xxxxxxxxxx). That probably will be your iqama number. But this would yield much.

If the situation doesn't clear out, I suggest going to the labor court for obtaining their verdict. Do keep looking for other opportunities with other employers meanwhile. Say the labor court allows you to change sponsorship, you must be ready with a new job offer. Even if they ask you to go final exit, the consulate can issue you a passport to travel. Needless to mention, the exit visas are processed by Ministry of Interior, not embassies/consulates.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Sorry to hear about the situation you are facing.

Look for a 10 digit number on your passport copy starting with a 2 (e.g 2xxxxxxxxxx). That probably will be your iqama number. But this would yield much.

If the situation doesn't clear out, I suggest going to the labor court for obtaining their verdict. Do keep looking for other opportunities with other employers meanwhile. Say the labor court allows you to change sponsorship, you must be ready with a new job offer. Even if they ask you to go final exit, the consulate can issue you a passport to travel. Needless to mention, the exit visas are processed by Ministry of Interior, not embassies/consulates.

Thanks a lot for your reply -- much appreciated.

I do actually have a job offer in-hand at the moment. I've in fact already had to miss out on two really great offers too because of this mess.

Anyway, as per my understanding of the allowances/relaxations in place during the current grace period: I am allowed to transfer my sponsorship to whomsoever's willing to take me on on their payroll given of course that they're at least a Green category employer, correct? And based on all that I've read and heard so far I can also do so without the permission of my existing sponsor (should it come to that)? Because if so then I might as well have a contingency plan, too. Just in case, y'know? Although I'd still prefer that my current sponsor gave me an exit so I could go home. Let's see. I hope he comes through otherwise I'll take the matter up with the ministry of labor.

I tried the 10 digit code starting with '2' on my visa, btw. The ministry of labor database didn't recognize it, so I'm guessing that's not it.

Thanks a lot again for your help :)

Best regards.

EDIT:

One more thing, for the sake of knowing what all my options are: Is it legally possible/allowed for my current sponsor, without having gotten me an iqama, to give me a release in case I wish to transfer my sponsorship the easier way i.e with his permission?

Thanks.

if no information is available that means ur sponsor has still not applied for iqama.

it only take 1-2 hrs for the labor office to issue new iqama.

due to the current crisis ur sponsor is holding to register you at the labor office.

ask him if he is not willing to issue a iqama then put on exit ..

In case u have new offers ask the employer to issue you a new visa to that u can come back on that company's sponsorship ..

Do get back to me if u have further questions and i will be glad to help you .. :)

N i hope u get ur iqama soon ..

reachtameem wrote:

if no information is available that means ur sponsor has still not applied for iqama.

due to the current crisis ur sponsor is holding to register you at the labor office.

In case u have new offers ask the employer to issue you a new visa to that u can come back on that company's sponsorship ..

Do get back to me if u have further questions and i will be glad to help you .. :)

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I do currently have a job offer, but the issue there is that they're unable to employ me without first presenting an iqama to them.

It's been over a month now since I asked my sponsor for an exit and he hasn't even gotten me that yet. I really just want to go back now. I guess I'll have to apply for an out pass at my consulate?

I am very sorry to hear that.

You could contact the Pakistani General Consulate in Jeddah and consult with them about the recommended actions to take. I do not advise to change employer unofficially and fall in the trap that lots of unfortunate expats. fell under.

This is the consulate address in Jeddah.
____
Shat Al Arab, Mishrifah, N-17 , E-7, Ibrahim Al – Tassan Street No. 19,
Jeddah 23332, Saudi Arabia
_______
I am sorry as I am not sure whether or not I am allowed to include their phone number on the post, but copy and paste the address to find the information needed in Google Maps.

I hope this issue gets solved.

trono wrote:
reachtameem wrote:

I do currently have a job offer, but the issue there is that they're unable to employ me without first presenting an iqama to them.

It's been over a month now since I asked my sponsor for an exit and he hasn't even gotten me that yet. I really just want to go back now. I guess I'll have to apply for an out pass at my consulate?

You can transfer your Sponsor with out Iqama, I am pasting the procedure from a earlier post

It is pretty simple. If your kafeel has not made your Iqama. If you stayed 90 days in kingdom. If you still didn't had Iqama. What you need to do is just find a company and give Interview if they select you. Tell them following procedure

1: Visit labor office with Demand letter by mentioning they want to hire you. Labor office will make your transfer. Don't forget to give xerox documents to your kafeel.

Note: original documents will give you advantage.

2. Next step is to make one more demand letter to Jawazat. They will generate your temporary work permit.

3. Tell your new company or sponser that submit a letter to your country embassy that they hired you under their sponsership. They will make your new passport.

Note: Above point apply only and only if your old kafeel demands big amount or he is not giving you passport. Don't worry transfer will be done.

inshallah your transfer will be done. Thank you.

adnan_889 wrote:
trono wrote:
reachtameem wrote:

You can transfer your Sponsor with out Iqama, I am pasting the procedure from a earlier post

It is pretty simple. If your kafeel has not made your Iqama. If you stayed 90 days in kingdom. If you still didn't had Iqama. What you need to do is just find a company and give Interview if they select you. Tell them following procedure

1: Visit labor office with Demand letter by mentioning they want to hire you. Labor office will make your transfer. Don't forget to give xerox documents to your kafeel.

2. Next step is to make one more demand letter to Jawazat. They will generate your temporary work permit.

3. Tell your new company or sponser that submit a letter to your country embassy that they hired you under their sponsership. They will make your new passport.

Note: Above point apply only and only if your old kafeel demands big amount or he is not giving you passport. Don't worry transfer will be done.

The new company is reluctant on giving me the required demand/offer letter because I do not currently hold an iqama. They're offering me a transfer once hired, but to be hired I'll need to have an iqama issued to me already. Quite the pickle I'm in over here as you can see.

I would still prefer going back home, though. Will the jawazat office give me an exit if I go to them with an out pass? Btw, my sponsor as of yesterday is in the Yellow category from Green Low previously. Are sponsors in yellow category allowed to issue new/fresh/first time iqamas? Also, and more importantly, can he still give me an exit even though he's now in the Yellow category?

Once again, your help is much appreciated.

Best regards.

trono wrote:
adnan_889 wrote:
trono wrote:

The new company is reluctant on giving me the required demand/offer letter because I do not currently hold an iqama. They're offering me a transfer once hired, but to be hired I'll need to have an iqama issued to me already. Quite the pickle I'm in over here as you can see.

I would still prefer going back home, though. Will the jawazat office give me an exit if I go to them with an out pass? Btw, my sponsor as of yesterday is in the Yellow category from Green Low previously. Are sponsors in yellow category allowed to issue new/fresh/first time iqamas? Also, and more importantly, can he still give me an exit even though he's now in the Yellow category?

Best regards.

Yes you stay get a exit pass for this you have to go to yor embassy with your passport or passport copy and apply for final exit after that you can go to jawazat and get a final exit.

But there is one more options which is not strictly legal but can not traced to be illegal.
Find another green or white good sponsor get the transfer he will make the iqama for you plus get a release letter after doing that you can join any job.
Of course he will ask for a handsome amount for this process if you can do it.
There are people who keep the company green for intake and convert it to red for transfer of employees once they find a job, and two year rule do not apply on red companies, hence its easy but they will ask considerable amount for all this, also these things are illegal but very hard to get traced  so do it on your on risk

adnan_889 wrote:
trono wrote:
adnan_889 wrote:

Best regards.

Yes you stay get a exit pass for this you have to go to yor embassy with your passport or passport copy and apply for final exit after that you can go to jawazat and get a final exit.

But there is one more options which is not strictly legal but can not traced to be illegal.
Find another green or white good sponsor get the transfer he will make the iqama for you plus get a release letter after doing that you can join any job.
Of course he will ask for a handsome amount for this process if you can do it.
There are people who keep the company green for intake and convert it to red for transfer of employees once they find a job, and two year rule do not apply on red companies, hence its easy but they will ask considerable amount for all this, also these things are illegal but very hard to get traced  so do it on your on risk

Thank you so very much for all your help, Adnan. Much appreciated. I'll visit the respective offices after eid holidays to obtain an exit inshallah. I'll post an update here soon. Bless you.

Best regards.

assalam sir im from India my husband working in mecca around 7months ago but not issuing iqama. can i check visa number to get iqama are not pleas guide me how to check iqama issue are not