Leaving egypt with newborn passport and no visa

I have been issued an emergency passport for my son and i will be leaving soon but the embassy told me i have to get a visa before i leave.
What do I need to show them and do i really need a visa just to leave?

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org … y-cairo.ar

all the numbers and addresses are there. You will need a visa to leave Egypt - all egyptians do as you cant just travel where you like without a passport.

I am an American citizen and i do have a passport for my son and the question was if i needed to show them anything while getting the visa.

fatima1234 wrote:

I am an American citizen and i do have a passport for my son and the question was if i needed to show them anything while getting the visa.

Yes Fatima,you need to show your baby birth certificate and your marriage certificate too,U must have a proof that he is your son.

i got an emergency passport without the birth certificate. I dont have a birth certificate for him they wont let me go without this even tho hes my son with same last name etc.

Well,,you need to ask the US embassy in Cairo.how can the Egyptian Authorities issue you a passport without a Birth Certificate.

well actually the us embassy issued it to me and its a us passport they gave it to me in an emergency case. thats doesnt matter tho who is wrong and right the whole thing is i need to go theres no way around  this? this is an american passport cuz me  and my husband are US citizens

If your baby was born in Egypt, I think the hospital has to provide you with papers to get a birth certificate.

you need a birth certificate and even for an emergency passport - you need a visa (kind of like an entry stamp on it) as without it they may not let you leave the country.
My children have British passports and we 'lost' them - we had to have emergency paspsorts to travel - and for these you need the flight bookings and also you need the visa stamps (the UK embassy told me this) - the normal wiating time is a number of weeks - I think when my husband went in december they told him it would take 6 weeks to get this (and to get this you need the birth certificate (my husband has some contacts in the mogammeua and managed to get ours in less than a week - knowing people 'in the know and an awful lot of baksheesh.
To be honest how on earth have you managed to get an emergency passport (and kind of passport) without a birth certificate - this is a mandatory requirement for any country.

well again thats not the point but the man helped me out im in a bad situation here and the embassy helped me out greatly. no harm on them its the egyptian who are really making it hard for me to leave. ok i went to the gwazat today and figured another route to leave

what is the other route - the only route is through the imiigration at the airport - and surely you will need passport / visa stamp - which menas a birth certificate.
How are you going to refister your baby anywhere else without a birth certificate.
I know in the uk they give you 6 weeks to register a birth and then you cannot do it without many problems?
If you go to the US - how can they issue a birthcertificate - the baby wasn't born there - and they hae no evidence that the baby is yours!?
SO you need to also think in the loing term and what problems the  fact that you have no birth certifiacte is going to present to you in the future.
You need to play the long game - not just sort yourself out to leave the country!

Hi again,,,well if you have a US passport,you dont need a visa to US,,VERY SIMPLE to have a birth certificate in Arabic and you can have it translated to english from the Health Ministry in Lazoghli.it is a matter of one day.

If we have an emergency passport for our baby born in Egypt, and a birth certificate, can we leave for the U.S. without a stamp? Can we get the stamp at the airport?

If we have an emergency passport, and birth certificate, do we still need a stamped visa to leave Cairo for the U.S.?  Can we get the stamped visa right at the airport?

@biffyThey have to register the birth at the US embassy in Egypt.  I have no idea how l9ng that will take.