Seeking advice from American expats in DR

I am considering relocating to DR for work.  Family and I have spent some time there, but seek input from other American expats with regards to schools, recommended areas in Santo Domingo to live, recommendations for family doctors and dentists, local options for medical insurance, recommendations where to bank

In particular, pros and cons for the following schools:

Carol Morgan
St. Georges
New Horizons

I know apartment living is most common; however, we would really like to find a spacious single family home in a safe and scenic community, near a park of green area where the kids could safely play.

Thanks for any feedback.

Manning

Sorry I can't help with your search.  We are orginally from Colorado and settled on the north coast (Sosua/Cabarete area) 4 years ago.  So if you have some general questions about living here ask away.

Bob K

Hi Bob I am sorry to bother you, but I am stuck here, we are going to Playa Dorada in April, I am trying to book a taxi from the airport to hotel online, however it is almost impossible.
Don't particularly like to deal with the taxi drivers in the airport after 8 hours flight, as I don't know the prices even approximately and it is not the same service as in the UK .

Would you please let me know if you could how much would the taxi cost (roughly) from Puerto Plata airport to Playa Dorada?
Thank you very much

Irina

The cab price is fixed and there is no hassle when you land. The cost is I believe $27 or $30 each way and is for four people and luggage. There is a stand just as you exit the customs area and actually a person will be holding up a sign for TAXI.  Very easy to use and very quick.

Bob K