Need to know

Hello
Would you recommend bringing your own phone or is buying one in Astana reasonably priced?
cheers

Hi pljc1967,

I have created a new topic from your post on the Astana Forum :)

I'm sure you will soon get a reply to your post

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

The selection of phones available here has improved greatly over the last 10 years, and sometimes the prices aren't too bad at all. If you have a specific model in mind, you may have to trawl through a few different shops, and DEFINITELY DO NOT buy it in the first place that has them in stock - the prices can vary a lot. My phone cost about 50,000KZT (AUS$355), but I'd seen it for 70,000 in other shops. I'm sure someone will correct me if I've got the name wrong, but there is a "shop" (actually a collection of little kiosks) that sell phones and accessories, called Esil. It is on Respublika Ave.
All that said, there is no reason for your phone not working here, assuming you're not using a CDMA phone (mainly USA networks I believe). One last thing, the DualSIM card phones are quite popular here, so if you wanted to have your local number and Aussie one in the same phone, you may actually find a better selection in Astana.
HIH.

I use a dual-SIM that I brought from the States. There are several service providers to choose from here.