Shipping items to Bahrain from UK

Hello everyone,

I thank you all for the help that you have given me so far, my decision has been made and I have accepted the job to start very late Oct or 1st Nov.

As I will be leaving my wife in the UK with my daughter (GCSE's next year) she will be packing the house up.  I am sure I have read somewhere on the site about shipping costs but cant find it any more.

Please can someone give me a rough indication of say shipping box items / upto a 20ft container over to bahrain with furniture, bikes, pictures, tvs, etc.?

As I will be given a housing allowance. Therfore Im thinking I will also look for a 2 Bed apartment for the first 9 months until the wife chooses which villa and pool she requires.

Thanks for all the assistance so far.

Paul

Hello boltonboy.

You may contact our partners here --> Moving to Bahrain, so as to get a free quote.

Moreover, I would advise you to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Bahrain. It may help.

Thanks and best of luck

Karen :)

There are a lot of places to live in Bahrain: Namely Juffair, Adliya, Seef, Amwaj, Riffa, Saar. Juffair, Adliya and Seef are mostly villas whereas the last 2 places are mostly villas. When you come here, all you need to do is just to walk into any building and ask at the reception for them to show you some flats. They will show you all available flats in the building and give you the prices. You can always negotiate.

When it comes to villa hunting, you can then approach to some private agents, we can help you about them later on.

Thanks.

Thanks to all we have posted,

To let others know I have spoken with a company today- when I get full details I will post on here but.......

no.1 twenty foot container delivered to the north west of England, self loaded over 5 hours, delivered to port, loaded onto a ship (weekly service) delivered to Bahrain 31 days late.  Cost is £1365GBP

Individual will need to speak to shipping agent in Bahrain and self organise delivery to home address, but this cant cost more than £400GBP.

I hope this info also helps others.

Hi when we moved over from Scotland in April, we decided to go for the door to door option, this meant that the company went to my house in UK and packed and wrapped absolutely everything, they then loaded it into the 20 ft container and shipped it to Bahrain and in 5 weeks it arrived, they then done all the customs clearance etc and delivered to our new home in Bahrain and then unpacked and rebuilt everything and then took away all the packaging etc, this service also included insurance etc and came in about £3300, I see your quote was much less than this but just make sure you have insurance etc because when we quoted for a self loading service they told us if we packed and loaded the container and anything got broke during transit then we would not be covered as the company did not pack the container, hopefully this information helps you and all goes well with your move.

Leo

I agree with LeoinBahrain - make sure you read the small print of your quote.  And beware - the customs side of things in Bahrain is not that simple - you will need to make sure you have all your residency paperwork in place and you will need to go dockside to be there while they check everything - much easier to include ask your shipping agent to include this for you.

Leo, we are moving to bahrain from scotland, what shipping company did you use ?

Hi Graemegdc

We used a company called Doree Bonner, for us we had several different quotes from other companies and they worked for us, there is a company in Bahrain called GAC ( they actually delivered our items after they arrived into Bahrain, they may also be an option for you, best of luck with your move I am sure you will love it here, if you need any advice etc just send me a message and I will be happy to let you know what info I have.

Leo

Hiya.

For housing you can contact me and I will introduce you to some really good agents

For Freight contact:

[email protected]  (UK)

http://www.crownrelo.com/en-us/page/contact (UK & Bahrain)

Thanks Jo and all who have supplied answers.

Leo, we have had three companies in and pickfords seem the best choice. They also have a place in bahrain which would be handy. Where in scotland are you from? What work are you doing in bahrain?