Non EU wife and work issues!

Hi

Guys

Quick question - Can my Non-Eu wife look for employment while we are waiting for our ID/Residence certs.

Thanks
Smeddie

Hi Smeddie,

look yes, work no .

Cheers
Ricky

SMeddie wrote:

Hi

Guys

Quick question - Can my Non-Eu wife look for employment while we are waiting for our ID/Residence certs.

Thanks
Smeddie

Yes, she can work while waiting for this documentation.

‘…………Family members who do not have the nationality of a Member State enjoy the same rights as the citizen who they have accompanied………………'

Source:

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/ … 152_en.htm

Nor does she require an employment license / work permit.

Source:

http://etc.gov.mt/etc-portal/page/3/ELU-Guidelines.aspx

And in reality?

Thanks folks.

Let me go to ETC for clarity!

Thanks
Meddie

the etc didnt even know the work permit rules when we went a few months ago - we had to explain that we as EU didnt need a work permit then they checked and said we were correct - which we already knew - but how many dont?

Hi Meddie,

probably the best -))

Let us know the reality.

Cheers
Ricky

SMeddie wrote:

Thanks folks.

Let me go to ETC for clarity!

Thanks
Meddie

Hi Meddie,

I read something on another forum which confirms what Byron49 as said. Let me know how you get on at ETC. oh and btw, Happy b-day mate :cheers:

Hi

Folks,

After visiting the ETC centre in Qawra and a length conversation with the main centre in Har-Far, I can now unofficially confirm that à non-eu spouse can legally work in Malta without à permit or before his/her ID/Residence certs is approved.

As toon said, the front office personnel dont know anything but once they ask around and make à few phone calls, information is obtained and then passed on.

Thanks
Smeddie

@Thanks Toni:o:lol: (À pint is in order today)

Hi Meddie,

thanks for the quick feedback and confirmation. I must admit I was wrong ! -))) The ETC is always good for a positive surprise.

In our case my non-EU family did have the residence sticker in her passport checked at the ETC centre in Valletta.  But they had all her past work periods and contributions correct on file and provide a print-out( 10 € fee) if you ask for one.

Cheers
Ricky