Sky at the apartment, am I wasting my KD's

Hi Everyone,

I have asked someone to come and try to install Sky at the apartment as I miss all the UK programmes.

The guy says I need a larger dish and that I would be able to use existing router and would not need a landline.

He is charging 75KD, I have already parted with 20kd today, he comes back tmrw with dish and to do whatever needs to be done to get signal.

Wondered what your thoughts on this would be...am I wasting my KD's???

Jax

Hi Jax,

A new topic was created from your post for better visibility on the Kuwait forum.

Hope you will successfully get your UK programmes. :)

Regards,

David.

Hi Jackie ;-)

Yeah, prices are a little steep in Q8 for getting another country's cable tv connections installed.. My tv guy charged me 50 KD for just fixing the huge dish on my terrace and setting my set-top box cable tv connection (which I paid for and brought from India) up and running.. and, I pay the monthly charges for the Indian cable tv connection on my own every month.. So he just got the dish, fixed it on the terrace, and connected it to my cable tv box.. thats all!! n took 50KD from me for that!

But, if he's d one getting the set-top cable tv box for u, and the huge dish and installs it, and is paying d monthly subscription charges toooo, then I think 70-75 should be fine..

- Priya