Tourist visa for 3 months

Hello everybody!
We would like to spend 3 months in Mauritius.
I heard that tourist visa is only for 1 months.
How can we extend our visas?

Hello,

As a citizen of Bulgaria, there is no requirement for a visa for tourism. However, I think the max. length of stay is indeed 3 months.

Hi Natalia,

Last year we came from Ireland to Mauritius.  We booked return flights for 3 months.  When we arrived at Dublin Airport we were told the maximum tourist visa for Mauritius is 60 days.  They very kindly changed our flights.  When you are in Mauritius you can ask Immigration in Port Louis to extend your visa up to 180 days in any one year period.  I think they charge a fee for doing this.  I don't know how you will sort out the return flight.  I did n't use it as we applied for residency and did n't need to return to Ireland.  I think your best bet is to contact Immigration and ask them what the exact rules are before you book anything.  Sorry I could not be of more help.

Steph.

Thanks for the replies!
Yes, the problem is  what to do with return tickets. The tickets to Mauritius is not very cheap and if we booked them for 1 months only we should to pay extra to extend them after 1 month....
Somebody knows how to contact the Immigration?

Hi Natalia,

The website is http://www.gov.mu/ and choose Government of Mauritius.  Go to the Passport & Immigration Section.  There is an "Application Form for extending your Visa".

I don't think extending your holiday visa is a problem.  You just have to prove that you have enough money to support yourself while you are staying in Mauritius.

Steph.