Saudi Cellular phone help!?!

Hi, my name is Trapper and I am about to embark on a year residency to Saudi Arabia. I am presently in Kuwait on Visa hold.
My question is about cell phones in Saudi Arabia. Is it cheaper to purchase an "unlocked" cell phone (iphone 5) here in Kuwait and bring it with me to Saudi or just wait until I get to my destination and purchase it there? Will an iphone 5 which is "unlocked" good in other countries like Norway, Germany and the US?
What am I to expect on monthly cell phone rates in Saudi?
Thank you in advance on any/all responses. Your views are appreciated!

Hi Trapper,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Your topic was moved to the Saudi Arabia forum for better visibility.

I suggest you to go through the Telecommunications in Saudi Arabia forum, you may find some interesting hints. :)

Regards,

David.

Trapper63 wrote:

Hi, my name is Trapper and I am about to embark on a year residency to Saudi Arabia. I am presently in Kuwait on Visa hold.
My question is about cell phones in Saudi Arabia. Is it cheaper to purchase an "unlocked" cell phone (iphone 5) here in Kuwait and bring it with me to Saudi or just wait until I get to my destination and purchase it there? Will an iphone 5 which is "unlocked" good in other countries like Norway, Germany and the US?
What am I to expect on monthly cell phone rates in Saudi?
Thank you in advance on any/all responses. Your views are appreciated!

Hey Trapper,

Unlocked phone will be good to use across the globe, as long as the it matches the GSM-UMTS frequency.

In simple words, yes it will work anywhere.

To get an idea for the price of the cell phones please refer the website below:

Xtra Stores

For cell phone service rates please view the links below:

Mobily
STC

All the best for the new venture.