Teach English in Indonesia without a degree

Hello everyone,

I'm an Indonesian student and I will be returning to Indonesia soon. I have no bachelor or TESL degree as of yet, but I intend to teach English upon my return, as I have the proficiency of a native speaker. Any advice on getting started? Having lived in Australia for the last 7 years, I have only minimal contact with people in the field of education in Indonesia.

Any advice and thoughts will be appreciated.

Thank you

My first thought, how do you know you have the proficiency of a native speaker, in which capacity is that?
If you want to teach English as a teacher then you need to decide whether you need to teach privately, in a private language center or in a school.
The better qualified you are then the better your chances. There are places that will take you without teaching qualifications but they are from my experience few and far between.
You need to have some kind of teaching experience to know how and where to start and be able to create lessons that are interesting stimulating.
Regardless of your ability, the students you teach need to be able to feel and know you have qualification and experience to teach them otherwise they will not feel that they are learning from you.  This applies to anyone who tries their hand at teaching.

Indonesian students again from experience, enjoy grammar, learning structures and new vocabulary and as well as speaking and reading. None of which is simple to teach and explain without training and experience.

There are many so many Language centers in the city, you just need to search for ESL teaching jobs Jakarta and then email the companies recruiting.

Okay perhaps I rushed in a bit when I say 'proficiency of a native speaker'. I just thought I'm capable of communicating in English (both written and verbal) as well as any native speaker. Moreover, do you think knowing both languages, English and Indonesian, will be beneficial?

I realize that finding a job in this field won't be as simple as I'd imagine it will be, which is why I seek advice. To be honest, I'd take whatever offer I can get when I arrive in Indonesia.

I have no formal teaching qualification, but I did private tutoring back when I was in high school. Not sure if it will help much though, as far as experience is concerned.

Do you think volunteering will be a reasonable starting point? Perhaps I can learn a few things about engaging the students and teaching methodology from assisting experienced teachers.

Thank you for the response.

I want to teach Bahasa in England without a degree.

Best thing to do is research qualifications first. Network with friends and family here to start teaching English and go from there.

there are International schools, looking for those who can speak
  Bahasa as well as English, base in an Island of Bali, so no worries

Hi Fluffy , please send your cv to [email protected]

Thank you

fake.career?

What are the best certification to have our maybe have a few to cover all the bases.

An English Teaching Degree or a degree which involves English in the award, such as Literature or language. CELTA or equivalent. Teaching Experience.
However you can still get jobs at the lower end of the market with no degree but with a TEFL qualification.

Or start a small language school where no one will ever ask you.
Your biggest problem will be sorting out courses and the right text books.

Try Mentari books.