Best way to ship from US-JEDDAH...

Hey guys, I'm planning to buy a laptop from US and will ask my

friend to receive it and send it to me, here in Jeddah(since dell only caters US-US transact),

now I've been to the FEDEX website and looked into the possible

price of shipping its about 800-1000 SR, im not in a hurry though

so might save some money on the shipping, what could be the

alternative courier and safest to ship laptop? via sea can be a

option for me , and also please share possible price range of

shipping fee, and also about the customs fee and stuff price to

pay with the customs guys. thanks in advance!

UP anyone?

try Saudipost or Aramex

will check, thanks!

If I were you, I'd use my shop-n-ship account,

1kg for 105 SAR, 2kg for 179 SAR, 3 for 253SAR. The seller will ship the stuff to your (virtual) NYC addressy [try to trade off time to save some bucks]. From NYC, the stuff will take 4-6 days to reach you.

Here is their website: http://www.shopandship.com

Hi TLL, thanks! will check this one out also, have you tried this service already? Thanks!

Yes, one million times may be :D

can you walk me through the process of this, since i'm buying directly to dell ,dell will be sending the package(laptop) to the office of SNS which is my so called virtual address?correct? upon receiving the package from  dell, will i be charged of any additional charges for the receiving of the package?

ralph-HRD-Dude wrote:

can you walk me through the process of this, since i'm buying directly to dell ,dell will be sending the package(laptop) to the office of SNS which is my so called virtual address?correct? upon receiving the package from  dell, will i be charged of any additional charges for the receiving of the package?

Correct. You'll pay Dell the price of the machine and ask them to deliver it to your NY SNS address. You may find a free shipping option within US.

SNS will ship it to your doorstep here in KSA and they'll charge you the amount I mentioned above. You'll be able to track the shipment on SNS or ARAMEX website.

Ohh okey, now i get it, but how about the custom's fee?

SNS website may have details on that. I never had to pay anything as customs fee.

oh... that will be great if ever.. hehe.. Thanks for the reply!

Hi. Hope you are doing good. I am also planning to buy a dell laptop from US website. Can you please let me know how you shipped it and how much it cost. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks.