Looking For some help

Hi Everyone,

My name is Marlea. I live in Ontario Canada. I am appealing to anyone in Puerto Plata or Sousa. I need a foster home for a beautiful beach dog named "Hobo". She has a home in Ontario Canada but we cannot fly her until the cooler weather arrives due to temperature levels on the cargo holds on the planes. There is someone going down to get her in Nov. This is temporary situation and we would be willing to pay for her food and vet bills until she is flown home. She would be completely vet checked and vaccinated before she would go into your home. She is sweet and gentle. Please e-mail [email protected] if you can help or respond here. This is a serious plea for help. Even if you can't foster her if you could give me some info and lead me in a direction where I could find some info out that would be helpful also.
Thanks and please help!!!

I will ask around,, I would but my wife does not like animals around the house.

you may want to try on the DR1.com site,, they have luck in finding people..

Welcome to the forums.  What you are doing is very cool and I hope someone on here can help! I am in santo Domingo so can't be of much help to you but I will put the word out.

Welcome to the forum. This situation comes up frequently and usually you can find help on the www.dr1.com web site under the north coast forum.
You might also contact Judy's pet lodge in Sosua as she may know of someone who can help

Bob K

Thank-you everyone for replying. I have checked with Judy's in Sousa ...they are busting at the seams for rescues. I have a few friends that are affiliated with her. I also got my "Dominican Beach Hound" as a rescue from the streets of Sousa and Judy's AAAS Sousa.
Please spread the word if you can and if there are any newsletters for expats that I could write to that would be helpful also. Also if anyone was willing to put up a flyer or two for me where the expats hang out ...I would be so grateful. 

Thanks so much

Marlea

I would put up flyers for you if I could but we are traveling through Europe for the summer.

Bob K

Thanks Bob ..no problem ..enjoy your trip!!!

Marlea