Where to live?

Hi,
I am soon to be moving to Warsaw but would like some advice on the different districts. I would like to live right in the centre in Srodmiescie, but other places do seem to be obviously cheaper. I also have a potential job opportunity in Ursynow, so perhaps Mokotow might be a good in between. I'm just wondering really what it is like to live in each place. If I lived in Srodmiescie is there good transport links to everywhere else in Warsaw and how expensive is it? (If I am getting the bus everyday to Ursynow for example) Or if I lived in a different district like mokotow, wola or ochota is there still the same kind of things to do, nice restaurants and bars etc? We are a fairly young couple so would like to live somewhere that we can go out and meet new people.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi cgriffiths91,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to go through some topics on the Warsaw forum, this might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

Hey!

Of course each district have advantages and disavantages, but if you decide to work in Ursynów, i think the most convinient is to rent apartment somewhere near the underground station, so Mokotów would be a good choice. It is really nice area - close to the city center but not as busy as Srodmiescie.

Public transport in Warsaw is not expensive - 1 month valid ticket that covers all buses, trams and metro costs only 100 zl.