Irish girl new to reunion new to blogging!! :D

Hi everyone,

My name is becky and I moved to Reunion in May. I'm only staying until September this time but I'm planning on moving here permanently once I've finished College in Dublin.

I love many many many things about Reunion but I find myself getting very lonely sometimes. This is not a fault of the people but rather of the language barrier. My boyfriend is a Reunion native and well worth the occasional pangs of lonliness, but even he can't translate everything for me, or participate in an old fashioned chit chat. Mainly because he only understands "oxford english" which I can speak easily, but just doesn't suit the kind of silly conversations I miss having.
Also being a typical Irish girl I make jokes all the time, which 50% of the time are lost in translation and met with every comics nightmare...SILENCE!!!!

I also find the lack of modern life difficult here. I'm not saying I need an i-store at every corner....god no...but finding basic foods can really be a challenge here!! I know I will adapt to all of these things given time, but maybe having the odd night out or coffee break where I can forget french, forget Reunion, forget that I'm foreign and just blabber nonsense with someone could really help.

I do love it here, I suppose as cheesy as it sounds I just need a friend or two ha ha ha ha.

Let me know if anyone is up for hanging out.

xxx

Hi Becky,

Where are you living on the Island, I'm another mick living near St Pierre with my family.  Life is good here though my French isn't the best either I muddle along.  Happy to meet up at some stage. 

Stephen

You can our blog at http://exchaosordo.blogspot.com/

Hey Stephen,

I would love to meet up with you. I have about a million questions to ask you about adapting to life here.
But don't worry I'll buy you a few pints before chewing your ear off!!
( Well actually 330ml Dodo since they don't have pints here....weird huh?!?)

But yeah let me know when and where suits you. We are usually doing fun stuff at the weekends, like hiking to hidden waterfalls or white water rafting. You and anyone else who wants are welcome to join us (us being a party of 4 to 8 people usually) but if that's too much hassle just a meet up would be great!

my email is [email protected] if you would like to mail me details and so on..

xxx

Hi,
Not sure if I replied to your post. I am in St Denis and if you would still like to get in touch send me a quick email [email protected] and I will be in touch.

Thanks Jo