Relocating in Malta

Hello
we are looking to relocate to Malta. and are in the process of selling our house in Bromley, Kent.
London & the south east is to expensive to live in now, so before we make the jump so to speak, i wanted to know what the cost of living and employment situation is like in Malta...
Can anyone help?

Thank s in advance

Andy

King Andy. go to the Malta Forum main page and you will see many thread titles there. Have a look through those and you should find a lot of information.

Also have a look around the internet particularly financial pages related to Malta.

Ask Google, as she is female, she will have all the right answers.

Good luck. :)

PS. Have you any experience of Malta?

PPS. Also read the Malta newspapers online. The Independent is usually full of financial information and I read Malta Today for good general info since Times of Malta now asks for paid subscription. And, for me, Gozo News is invaluable.
(Tells me when the power outages are going to happen.)

Hello King Andy.

A new thread has been created from your message on the Malta forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Karen

Hi Andy,

Depending on what you do for a living will effect your employment situation.  If you can give a little more info I will try to help from my perspective.

Jules

Hi Andy,

I kind of agree with what has been said previously. Have a look at the previous posts and I am sure you will find some useful information related to your query.

Best of luck!

Antonio

hi

Hi Andy,

I have been researching for over a year looking at every aspect of Malta and I feel I'm not fully prepared.

Take a trip to Malta, speak to people and see if you like the place first.

Best of luck

Ken

Hi Andy King. You will be doing the right choice in coming to live in Malta, and I wish you all the best. I am a real estate agent and if you would like any help in finding accommodation or sending you any info do not hesitate to contact me.

MY MOBILE NUMBER IS 00356-77287009.

Thanks and regards,
Marianne.

Hi Ken my name is Rick. Like you i am also thinking of moving to malta. I read one of your post where you said you dont feel fully prepared for the move. If you dont mind me asking, what did you mean by that? As i hope that i will feel prepared when its my turn to move. Thanks mate

danno wrote:

Hi Ken my name is Rick. Like you i am also thinking of moving to malta. I read one of your post where you said you dont feel fully prepared for the move. If you dont mind me asking, what did you mean by that? As i hope that i will feel prepared when its my turn to move. Thanks mate

Hi Danno,

I like to cross all my 't's and dot the 'i's as they say. Currently my house is up for sale and we have totally committed ourselves to moving to Malta.

I personally don't like going into anything blind hence the amount of research I have done to make the move as pain free as possible.

The amount of knowledge everyone on this forum has and has contribute, freely I might add has been invaluable and I wish anyone moving to Malta the very best as it's not an easy decision to make.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Rocking Ken wrote:
danno wrote:

Hi Danno,

I like to cross all my 't's and dot the 'i's as they say. Currently my house is up for sale and we have totally committed ourselves to moving to Malta.

I personally don't like going into anything blind hence the amount of research I have done to make the move as pain free as possible.

The amount of knowledge everyone on this forum has and has contribute, freely I might add has been invaluable and I wish anyone moving to Malta the very best as it's not an easy decision to make.

Hope this helps.

Ken

totally agree Ken - i too am a belt and braces and double parachute type of guy so i know exactly what you mean.....