Mobile phone queries

Greetings all.  Am hopeful a knowledgable and kind soul will be answer the following:

Are there Apple IPhone 5 models available in Turkey?  If so, anyone have an estimate on the rate to either get one via contract or for purchase?

Should I buy an unlocked phone in my home country and bring with me?

What are the procedures for registering the phone?  Is there a limit on the number of phones that can be registered to a foreigner working long term in Turkey?

Any information would be grately appreciated.  Thank you very much!!

hello,
i can answer some of your questions..
for the iPhone 5 prices, I don't have a clear idea but you can check the availability and prices at  teknosa.com or hepsiburada.com..

Concerning the phone registration, you should first pay a 100TL tax at any tax office there. (you can ask about Beyoglu Vergi Dairesi at Taksim for instance).
Later on, you should register your phone (20TL) at a mobiles telecommunications operator (Turkcell, Avea, or Vodafone).

You have the right to register 1 phone every 2 years.
i hope this helps,
Maria

Thank you, Maria!!

As foreigner your are only allowed to use your phone with one particular number, to stop from selling your phone on to someone else. When you go to the store to buy a phone number ask them to do it there and them waiver the 'registration' fee.

For a contract phone you have to had a contract with them for a year before you can take one out with a phone.

and try gittigidiyor.com (Turkish ebay) for store alternatives.

It was a rule in Turkey to register I-phone, but it is going to be cancelled by the end of August) Just as an info..

interesting..are u sure of that?