Job offer - dog & partner?

Hi all,

I'm new here!
Just been offered a job on Maalifushi.

But I have a few questions.

- Can I get a special permit to bring my pet dog (3 year old Beagle who is chipped and healthy and has a Pet Passport from the UK)?

- Also, can my partner join me? We had a civil partnership 2 years ago. Now I know that there are issues around that so doubt we'll be able to get a dependant visa.
He is a chartered accountant and a professional photographer. What options does he have for a visa/permit?
I can't find any accounting jobs but is there a visa that allows for him to work freelance as a photographer?

Thanks so much,
Nick

Hello Nick.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to browse the threads on the Maldives forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi! Sorry pets are not allowed to bring here in Maldives I think... Specially dog! They don't even have dogs here... Only cats! Isn't bad?

Hi nhs84. I know there are a few accounting firms in Male'. I too am a CA and am planning to join one in Male' soon. But would it serve your purpose if you were to live and work in Maalifushi and your friend lives and works in Male'? The other matter is pay scales for CAs in Maldives are not as much one would find else where. Wuld your friend be happy with what he would make?

HI,

he can freelance if he is on a dependent visa, correction to a post above, you can bring your pet cats, birds, but dogs are not allowed.

hope this helped.

regards
mooch

:)