Looking for a school for my 16-year old daughter.

Hi, I am moving to London with my 16-year old daughter and don't have a slightest clue about schools (or where to live).

I will be working close to the City. My daughter turns 16 in August. Can someone recommend a good school as well as a good area to live, in London? I know that London is a huge city, and a lot depends on the budget, but any suggestions would help to me started.

Hello Don1978.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I hope that the other members will help you to obtain more informations on this issue.

Thanks

Karen :)

[Moderated: Please use your pm]

Good Day Don

There are numerous quality schools in London for your daughter. However, I'm not certain whether you're query is regarding a 'state' school, or 'Private' schools. I won't attempt to confuse you with the often confusing concept that here Public means private, etc. I am an Anglican priest based on the south coast. However, I was based in the London area for years. Are you interested in a fee based school? If it is Private school, you'll have some flexibility.

Have you ascertained in which part of London you'll be working and residing yet? I'd be pleased to offer some schools for consideration. It would also help if you could identify where you're moving from. Generally, the British education system can be more comprehensive than US Public schools, especially when coming from certain states.  I don't wish to waste your time recommending anything that isn't commensurate with your daughter's requirements, so any additional information can provide would be greatly appreciated. Your daughter is at that important transitional period where she could be moving to a 'college' setting, dependent upon her curricular achievements.
In any event, welcome to the United Kingdom. This will be a profoundly positive experience for both you and your daughter. I cannot imagine a better opportunity for her, as she experiences how beautifully different our culture is on this side of the Atlantic.

Regards

Fr Bill+