Living in Accra

Hi, i`m moving to Accra in few weeks but so far i was not able to locate a place to live.
I am looking at some rental apartments, but all i see are rents starting from 1800-2000 USD per month. Is this a normal price for rent in Accra because i`m a little confused.
Thank you all in advance.

The cost of renting a property in Accra very much depends on where you want to live and the size of the property you require. Renting in Accra is expensive and you need to be prepared to pay at least a year's rent up front.
I suggest you look at the housing section on accraexpat as that will give you an idea of the locations where expats tend to live.
If you are willing to move further away from Accra you will be able to get things much cheaper but then you will have to consider the traffic situation which can be bad at peak times and also that you might not have piped water.

Hi ,
Welcome on Expat-blog.com!
Don't be confused 1800 USD or 2000 USD,can be normal for an apartment.According to me, may be you will find a cheap one, less expensive .So,Its depend on the location or area.some area are so expensive in Accra .Now, 1800 USD per month, its much,Some owner requires 1 or 2years rent,its depend.
Hoping that you will get some cheap  apartment.
cheers!

Hi T.Kostadinov,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I suggest you post an advert in the Flats for rent in Accra section please. You will be able to compare the prices. It might be helpful ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team