Make friend with expats living in HCMC

Hi everyone,

I'm 21 yrs old and I live in HCMC.

I wanna have some international friends to chat, hang out and have fun together. I don't have any international friends In VN. I really want to improve my English and know more another cultures over the world.
I could introduce to you about vietnamese culture like a tourguide and maybe help you to improve your Vietnamese.
Love so see you.

Julie!

Funny that you have the same American name I use here in the U.S.
I have a daughter named Lucy. She is 19 years old and will be 20 years old when she graduates from the University of Florida with a B.S.A. She will be getting a federal job back home here in Miami, Florida. That gives my husband and I a chance to travel. There are not many Vietnamese here in Miami and there are no classes at the local colleges for me to practice. I have been using online and text books for practicing. However, it seems that they only have northern Vietnamese dialect available for me to read. I would like to learn to speak more like the locals in Ho Chi Minh when I get there.

Hope to make contact with you. Take care

Lan Vazquez

Hi Julie

I am Patrick from Hong Kong. Nice to meet you. Hope we can hangout soon. I am in hcmc for 1 year already.

Keep in touch!

MIA2013 wrote:

Julie!

Funny that you have the same American name I use here in the U.S.
I have a daughter named Lucy. She is 19 years old and will be 20 years old when she graduates from the University of Florida with a B.S.A. She will be getting a federal job back home here in Miami, Florida. That gives my husband and I a chance to travel. There are not many Vietnamese here in Miami and there are no classes at the local colleges for me to practice. I have been using online and text books for practicing. However, it seems that they only have northern Vietnamese dialect available for me to read. I would like to learn to speak more like the locals in Ho Chi Minh when I get there.

Hope to make contact with you. Take care

Lan Vazquez

Hi Ms. Lan Vazquez
I will help you to learn VNmese when you arrive IN VN.
was you born in Vn? I see your name seem the Vietnamese name. :D

Julie,

Yes, I was born in Saigon in 1968. My name was Tran Thi Tuyet Lan until I came to the U.S. in 1970. My parents married in the U.S and my surname was changed to an American name, my father's last name.

I came to Vietnam for the first time since 1970 this past Winter, to visit my maternal grandmother who is very old and other family members that I haven't seen since I left. I wished that my mother had continued to teach me Vietnamese when we immigrated to the U.S. but she didn't and as a result, I could not communicate with my extended family in Vietnam.

I decided to teach myself through online tutorials and a few books that I have purchased. It is difficult here to practice since I don't know any Vietnamese people here in Miami. Needless to say, I wouldn't let that discourage me in learning Vietnamese. Nothing in life is impossible if you invest in yourself and stick to your goals!

Lan