Studio Apartment/Flatt rental Chiang Mai

Hey I will be coming to Chiang Mai in October with my boyfriend. We want to rent a studio apartment or 1 bedroom flatt in a safe location. We are not familiar with Chiang Mai so could anyone advise us on what areas in Chiang Mai are good places to live?
We want somewhere safe but we do not drive so it is essential we are in a very good location. Close to all shops and within a 20 min cycling distance to schools (as this is where I will be working) noise is not particularly an issue that would bother us. Safety and a central loation
Is top of our list. We want something for 4,000-6,000 bhat. Thanks :)

Hi Shauz2012!

Maybe you should try posting an advert in the Chiang Mai housing section.
It might help.

Regards
Armand

Google CMCC want ads and sign up.  Look for someplace within a couple of blocks of the moat on the outside of the walls.  Find someplace within a couple of blocks of a main street, you can grab a songtaw (20 bhat) or tuk tuk (60 to ? negotiated) to about 90% of Chiang Mai.  Anything outside the superhighway ring road and the price goes up to 200 bhat.

Have a look at my blog post here: marketofeden.blogspot.com/2013/05/apartment-hunting.html
You can see pics of my apartment which is 5500 a month, and links to the best rental websites, in my opinion. My apartment is in PP Condo, and you will see that name in those sites a lot. They always have new flats for rent ranging from 4000 - 6000. Good luck!

Thank you for the replies. I will definately have a look at your blog, thank you