Some overseas guidance!

Peace and Love from Canada!
I am going to be moving to HCMC in 2014 with my daughter! We are super excited for this.
I would appreciate some help from people in HCMC who could help us begin, or even someone who would be willing to be my eyes!
I know its a little early, but I have been trying to figure out how I would set up our living situation.
Like:
Where is a good area to live in general?  ( I have a toddler so maybe an area with a few other expats)
What and where are the  international schools? ( I looked into this as well. But I would like to hear personal opinions)

Im sure there are quite a few more questions i need to be asking, which is why I need some guidance.

Please! advice,  opinions,   suggestions.
Thanks all!

First and foremost, you need to make sure that your Visa or Temporary Resident Card is squared away.  There is no sense in making plans without it.

If I were you, I would look into the Phu My Hung area.  The living arrangements there are good for small expat families, with a lot of western foods and extra security.  If you want a little more space, as in a single family home, then you should look into the District 3, An Phu area.  They have very good houses and international schools there.

there are many nice houses and apartments in an phu d2 to live in, schools for children ..you should be there!

Hey, I meant District 2, just across the river.

I am currently living in District 2, there are so many nice new apartments that you can rent it easily. Also many international schools around. District 7 can offer more reasonable apartment and the international school in Phu My Hung is also a good choice.

The two areas mentioned are good for what you need, I would be looking at those and making a decision.

That's so exciting, I'm moving there next month and I'm excited to meet other Canadians! :)

[moderated: wrong section]

hey, can u give me your facebook, or skype i can help u know more information, so if i just post on here, im afraid, i cant speak clearly

it depend on your budget and style.
lots of money?go to district 2
want peace? district 7
want a routine,such as schooling,home,home direct to school? BINH thanh district at Saigon pearl.they have int'l school right inside the building,you don't event have to steps out to socialize
want to explore? dis 1,3 will sure have condo to live. choose the place depend on your style and budget then

D2 is quite good for foreinger. There are so many international school there

Andy Dang wrote:

D2 is quite good for foreinger. There are so many international school there

Did you realise this thread is 2 years old, I doubt the OP is still checking it.

Hi Mrs. Melodyrose,

If you need any helps for first days in HCMC, just feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 0905128625. I am very glad that I can help you and your daughter. I am local person so I can give some guides for you to live better here. Don't worry much friend, people in HCMC are very friendly and good English speaking. Life quality here is much better than couple years ago.

Best luck to you and your girl!

Oh, looks like replying to two year old posts are all the rage.