Any Malaysian expat.in Jubail

Hi all,

Very nice to meet u all in this useful.forum. I am a Malaysian recently landed in Jubail and would like to meet any fellow Malaysian staying in Jubail. Pls reply to this thread if any Malaysian are here in Jubail. Thx much all

it's nice to have you with us, i'm Eritrean but working with Malaysian company called edmark international , i have been to Kula two years before , wonderfull country.i know some Malaysian friends, i will see if i can give you their phone No.

Regards
Salah

Thx a lot sir really appreciate ur help. Thx again

hi..i'm malaysian from johor bahru,iwill be joining jubail community after eid fitri bro

Hallo bro....welcome to jubail. Kalau package bagus dan attractive come bro. Kalau.x seberapa dan kat Malaysia tu ok jgn datang bro. Bukan nak discourage cuma terlalu boring dekat sini. Kalau bawa family ok bagus kalau datang sorang mmg boring habis bro. All d best

Hi vramakr,

Can you please keep the discussion in English so it make it easier for the other members to understand :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi bro vramakr....hahaha..i got an offer from Sadara with family package..i already asked from my friend living there in the past..hmm..he said the package is not bad..but for the beginning i don't want bringing my family there....maybe when i arrive in jubail we can meet and chit chat hehehehe :)

Yes bro no issue...welcome man

bro..can you Pm me ur phone number so i can call u when i land in jubail

Hello Bro finaly we can meet here also!:cool:

kamal badshah78 wrote:

Hello Bro finaly we can meet here also!:cool:

Haha. Finally!

Yeahh im here hehehe now at al khobar for next 2 weeks

Welcome to KSA bro @Zuraimi!

tq tq bro modjo..ur nickname like malaysian group singer hihihi

Salam Bro Zuraimi,

Can you give me your email address, need to acquire some details regarding relocating to Jubail/KSA. I recently being offered by SADARA as well. My email address is [email protected]. thanks.

Hey guys,

Just got an offer yesterday night from Chemanol in Jubail.
How's the working environment there for Malaysians?
I have a HRA of 40,000SAR/year there. Good enough?
TA of 1,300 SAR, enough?
Waiting for my acceptance.

Hallo fellow Malaysians,

Sedi: Car rental are there but can be costly compared to purchasing a vehicle. Maybe you can opt for cheap cars instead like second hand. Check out at www.expatriates.com under vehicles classification.

Mackere: Pardon me but im not sure what is HRA? Housing allowance? If it is comes to about 3333k per month which I would say more than enough for rental. And transport allowance is OK as well. You can definitely survive and save wif that amount.

Just my thought, I mayb wrong or right. It depends on your lifestyle. I am still new here as well probably someone with better experience can guide you.

Ohh ya, there are also Malaysian Jubail society here so you dont have to worry, you will feel at least 40% at home. Cheers

Ohh ya, most of Malaysians stay at Dakhil Mahmood or what they call as small panda. You can also get roti telur and teh ais there hehehe :D

vramakr wrote:

Ohh ya, most of Malaysians stay at Dakhil Mahmood or what they call as small panda. You can also get roti telur and teh ais there hehehe :D

Hello there,

I have studied in Malaysia (KL) for 5 years and i defiantly miss their food!! do they have other meals also?

sometimes i go to Restaurant Malaysian Kitchen in Khobar, went there two weeks ago to have Nasi lemak :D

ham_ieza wrote:

Salam Bro Zuraimi,

Can you give me your email address, need to acquire some details regarding relocating to Jubail/KSA. I recently being offered by SADARA as well. My email address is [email protected]. thanks.

bro..PM me bro

vramakr wrote:

nice2 hihihi

Hi everyone, glad to see more posts from you guys.

@3dnan - so far I think roti telur and teh tarik are the only options close to Malaysian food around here. I'll let you know if I discover more options.

@SirD and @Mackerel - are you guys here already? Need help with anything?

@vramakr - bro! where you at?

Bro Modjo, im at Jubail working for Sabic and how about you?

Hi all. I am Halim fr Malaysia.

Thanks for the tips so far in this section..

Nice to meet all of u. I am not yet there.. but really appreciate to get tips of accommodation type & cost at Jubail versus al-Khobar. As recommended I will research over the forum here.

Nice to know all of you!

@Halim66 - Bro Halim, for accomodation it depends on your requirements but if you will be working in Jubail then it might be good to explore the options around here first? Khobar is about 1 hour away from Jubail, but provides better access to malls and such - and from what I heard the rental there is cheaper.

2-hour drive (return trip) might not be too outrageous under normal circumstances but I would really suggest you to test-drive the route for a while first before deciding :/

Thank you abang Modjo for d wisdom .... :D:D:D:D:D

Yep thans bro. modjo for that kind tips.

- I am currently travelling two hrs on good hiway to work because for my kids to stay closer to good international school in this middle east region. I may end up on company bus from Khobar to the project office in Jubail but my wife wanted me to stay to where she is going to stay.

HR dept said when I arrive and spend two weeks period in Khobar, I can make my final decision whether I want to stay in Khobar or Jubail. personally, i want to stay in Khobar...

I will keep reading in this forum...

Megat Halim.

Well if I were you and have my family over here, I would stay in Khobar as well. I dont mind the hassles for d sake of giving better environment for my family. I feel Khobar is cleaner and more organised compared to Jubail. (not to mention the drivers are better mannered as well).

Just my 2 cent bro. All d best.

welcome gentleman to saudi especially in Jubail. We have huge Malaysian community in Jubail. You can stay either in Royal Commission (very expensive)or Jubail balad (normally malaysian stayed at Dakhaal Makdood or Water tank)..

Thanks Bro. Aeroz for the tips !

We will evaluate when I reach there soon, inshaAllah..

Hello All...
I am being offered by Sadara and waiting for visa stamping.Expected to start this Dec 2013.Would somebody share some information about the television channel over there.Can I watch Malaysian TV programme or even Astro channel over there? This information would really be helpful especially when I bring my family over there.
Thanks

hello Joe, welcome. Well I am not sure if Astro is viewable here or if the decoder will work here. The closest you can get would probably be OSN. But why worry, you can watch online channels via the net.

@Joe-Cooper - @vramakr is the go-to guy for anything with regards to TV now :D Can we get Upin & Epin?

modjo do u mean Astro On the Go?

Some countries we can just bring the astro decoder and install any satellite dish.Work just fine as long as you pay the bills.

Never tried that, maybe it might work, not sure.

@Joe-Cooper - Cool, worth to try it out.

How's everyone doing? I think most of the Sadara recruits are already here or moving in soon?

Do buzz if you need help settling down :top:

Hey bro
I just arrived here in Jubail a week ago, on 17th to be exact. Wheres that roti telur and teh tarik you were talking about? Depan Kudu and Farm ke? huhu. I am dying over here for malaysian food.

Hello Gang
Im new here. Arrived last week. Working for SABIC.
Kalau ada masa, lets hang out. :):)