Cost & guidelines for French family moving in NY (school, house, job..

Hello,

We are a Parisian family planning to move in NY for my husband's job in september. We'd like to get informations regarding costs for school (we have a child of 11 and another of 5 : what are the education grades in the US for them? the best schools) and by the way the most appropriate city to live in. We also have a baby of 15 months old : what are the possibilities for him? (nurse at home, the equivalent of our "crèche in France" (cost also).
If you can give me some help!
Many thanks,
Marjorie

All I can say is look now for school!!!!!!!  If you are looking to put your kids in schools that are non public it is going to be really difficult finding a school that will except you without advance notice. 
Looking for nannies:  Greataupair.com.  This was a great website
Work:  This is a difficult one.  Try social forums for contacts.  Garysguide.com

Bonjour,
Je me permets de vous contacter car je me pose exactement les mêmes questions que vous. Nous nous installons à New York l'été prochain et je cherche des renseignements sur les écoles publics et /ou privé à Manhattan. J'ai fait une demande d'inscription au lycée français pour une entrée en 4eme et une autre en 1er mais je ne suis pas du tout sûre qu'ils seront pris. Qu'elles sont les autres options possibles ?
Merci de votre aide.

Hello gatsby le magnifique and welcome to Expat.com! :)

Can you please write in english on this English speaking forum?

PS: To note that this thread is old (2010). Do not hesitate to start a new thread on the New York Francophone forum. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie