Hey come network with me! I'm after some new friends & contacts..

Hey,

I've just rolled into town and usually I have a lot of friends but here I have very few.

I'm a Creative Media Artist with a background in Behavioural Psychology but I'm finding it tuff with so few people to talk with and make things happen with. Currently living in district 3.

I want to learn more Viet language, culture and cuisine. And once I get settled start working on some media projects such as Comic strips, short films and music.

Originally from Melbourne I intend to stick around here for a wile building a new portfolio of work to go back to Australia with. If you would like to meet me to see if we gel and potentially collaborate on some stuff, or even if its just to grab a bite to eat, I'd love to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Dave Fidel

a good place to meet people Australian's and others is Drunken duck bar  D1

Hi!

I'm Hân, i'm a Vietnam girl and i'm a free writer for film.

I'm in Phan Thiết city and want find a free land job in Hochiminh city. I want back Hochiminh city.

I want to become a teacher, for Vietnamese language. I know about history, culcutre of Vietnam. More, i learned and work about art before, i can share some imformations with u.
Although, my English is bad, but i'm sure, my knowledge about history and culture is not bad.

If u want find a teacher for Vietnam language, u can contact with me.

My number phone: 0916430983.

Hope i can find out a frist student ! :)

Thank u for reading.

Hân

Cheers Guys!

Thanks Skads I'll check drunken duck out for sure!

Thank you Han I'm interested in hearing some local history, love that stuff never ceases to inspire me. And it looks like you may have two students, way to go for putting yourself out there. :)

I'll keep you guys posted on how I'm going meeting new people, maybe I should start a blog on this site..

Best,

Dave Fidel

Hi Dave,

I am Truc.  Nice to meet you here. Hope you have a nice time in SAIGON. I now do live in Saigon and do study at University. If you want to study Vietnamese or would like to exchange language or know more about Vietnamese life/culture/people/food..., I am pleased to help. If you find my suggestion a good idea, drop me a line.

Have a nice weekend immersing yourself in the busy and active life of Saigon.

Cheers,
Truc.

Hi Symopp and Dave.

I'm so happy when i find out the frist students for my teacher career hihihi ^^ Pls, contact my phone or my yahoo to discuss more.

My yahoo: hanviet87

i only find money to pay for rent room. Or if u can give a free place to me, it's similar tuition. I only need a room with bed, fan, tables and chairs and cabinet. I can share room with another girl. No problem. But the best, i like to stay alone in room ( bc i have a bit crazy when write cript film so much haha ( Vietnamese human call it : Tẩu hỏa nhập ma = ghost reave ur mind :))))

Thank u so much.

Hân

Oi mate!

I'm pretty much in the same boat, i'm leaving to HCMC soon and my mates are getting there in 3 weeks.

I'm hitting Ho Chi Minh City in 2 weeks if you're still in HCMC , let's a catch a beer or a bowl of Pho.

Pho yes!

I've been eating it for Breakfast, in Footscray its more of a lunch thing.

You from Oz?

D

Hey,

I'm Alex, British and living in D3 too.
My housemate does photography/filming and things, and we've been here a while if you want to hit some bars or go for dinner etc.

Where abouts in D3 you staying?

I'm from Stockholm, Sweden.

But i've been to Australia, Melbourne and Sidney, good spots.

You in HCMC district 1?

Hi there.
I'm Alex and I was an art consultant in the national museum in my country.
It could be interested to talk about your media artworks. If you are available contact me:)

If you want to make more friends and expand on your network here, I highly recommend attending some English clubs. One that I go to meet up at Kopi Coffee in Dist 1 every Tuesday night. You would be a welcome guest since you seem like a native speaker like myself.

Hi Dave Fidel,

Nice too meet you!

Best regards,
Anh Tran

[moderated : no free ad pls + post in Language classes in Ho Chi Minh City]

Why don't you come to the music quiz at Decibel that's on once a month? Or, if you want to collaborate on some art based stuff, a friend and I are going to make a film-collage made from illustrations/film/photography/art that will be projected at a friend's gig...we haven't done anything like it before, soif you have any technical/editing and software know how, or just wanted to do something along those lines in HCMC, then get in touch. Alcohol could also be included with the Art work!

Aldo, I'd like to collaborate with someone on a Graphic novel...something Daniel Clowes- like, if that's your kind of thing

Any one wants a cofffe taliking about movie,, photography...?

yo. from brunswick melbourne too. live in cho lon. send us your number to info(at)ipsprinting.com.au or add me on skype   phikhanhto  so we can catch up and have a beer.

Hi...I'm Eve...new here toooooooo...

Hi Eve,
Welcome to Hcm. Hope you have pleasant time here. This thread is not active for almost 2 years. Maybe you should make a new thread. ^_^