Monthly budget for young single

Hi!

I am wondering what a reasonable monthly budget is for a young single person living in Brussels. I will be doing a six month internship from September until the end of February and my monthly stipend is only 800 Euro. I lucked out and found a furnished room in a student residence in Schaerbeek for 337 euro per month (including all utilities and wifi). I will have to go to a laundromat though. 

I do plan on spending over my monthly stipend on travel/entertainment since I view this experience as a vacation as well. Do you think I could accomplish this on less than 2,000 CAD (1,462.42 Euro)per month in Brussels? Any tips are highly appreciated!

Best,

Kay

There are 5 of us, we live on less than half that each month, after rent and bills, you might struggle to spend that much, unless you eat out every night. Millions of families live on that income in Belgium. Enjoy your internship!

Thanks Tervurener! That is comforting. I live on about 1172 to 1400 CAD/month back in Canada. However, I usually buy groceries for two people, so I should accept that bill to go down. I would like to go on some day trips to Bruges and such.

Best,

Kay

Count between eur 280 and 350 for food/month (depends on your needs, but can't imagine 5 eur would be enough for a day even if you're eating at home). It's obvious that living alone you spend more (pp).
Round trip to Bruges would cost you eur 14.90 (best deals of the net and for the weekend).

Enjoy your stay :happy: