How is life in Kuwait for babies?

Hi,

I have a one year old daughter and I have all kind of things in mind that the climate in Kuwait may harm her... :(

Are there allergies that children might develop from sand, or filthy air? Or from the hot temperatures?

Thanks!

Oh, and something else:

What can a mom and a baby do for fun in Kuwait City? Are there any inside places where children can play?

Thanks!

hi there florentina.
Well in summer the temp is really high and in august it could go over 50c, so what you do is avoid going out at noon just like how most people do unless you own a vehicle to transport, and about developing allergies I never heard of anyone had any problem with that but you also could ask around more to findout.

for fun there's a place thats opened recently called Kidzania "in the Avenues" in shuwaikh so go check it out but im not sure if its good for 1yr old child, have a good day. :)

Thanks, SailorJ!

We are coming to Kuwait at the end of September, precisely for avoiding the high temp. But anyhow, I suppose that even in autumn time the temperatures are relatively high in Kuwait...

About my fear of allergies, my husband has a colleague who left Kuwait after 3 years and came back to Romania because his son was starting to develop some form of asthma and this scared me a little bit. So, I was curious if that was a particular case, or it could happen more often... :(

Regarding Kidzania, when we arrive I will definitely check it out! ;)

Thanks again!

you're welcome :)

About asthma, to be honest its a little common here like 1 out of 30 has asthma, I'm sorry I forgot to mention this point, we get dust gales here, most of the time its not really bad but I believe thats the one and only thing that develops asthma here, just make sure your place is shut tight and you'll do just fine!
;)

Thanks again for the valuable info, SailorJ!

I must say that I am a little upset by the news! I was hoping that this asthma issue was just a simple coincidence.... :(

Anyway, the decision has been made. We are coming to Kuwait no matter what. But now we will take more precautions for the safety and health of our daughter.

Take care!