Expat life with kids In Jeddah

How's expat life with kids
In Jeddah
Moving from another gulf neighbor .?
You probably heard this 1000 time

Hi Tito7,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Any introduction about you? Maybe you should ask more specific questions. :)

I also invite you to view other threads here: https://www.expat.com/forum/534-1-every … eddah.html

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine

Hi ,Christine

Thanx for the quick reply

I work in aviation field . Mostly here and there ,,:o

I'm thinking of the mrs and the kids getting around Jeddah and not pausing till I show up ,,

I'll check the threads you mentioned

Thanx and have a great weekend

Will you be staying at the Saudi Airline's compound? If so, it is not the best of compounds for kids. There are lots of activities to do with your children in and around Jeddah. Also, it depends on where you live and what your budget is. If you want anymore details, flick me an email.

Good luck

Thx Suzan

The thing is I'm not around everyday or at weekends so they are going to be kind off self sustain for sometimes ,, a lot of time I'd think ,,
, the mrs is having second thoughts  now and myself especially about the kids school and we heard  there is a long And big waiting list .. Which might be a big problem 
I believe saudia city is the place ,
It used to be very good place in the 90s
BUT  guess not anymore or what?!

Enjoy your weekend

With the toddlers living in any compound is ideal. For teenagers living anywhere in Saudi Arabia is a hell.

Saudi City is on a busy main road and has on-going problems with plumbing. Sorry to put a damper on things. However, looking on the bright side, there are quite a few parties there. So if you like to chill out and enjoy partying, then this is the place for you.

I suppose if I was working in Aviation and could get a large discount to fly back and forth to Egypt on weekends, then I would wisely keep my family in their own country.

There is no substitute to the familiar sight of family, friends, your neighborhood and all the little things one takes for granted.

Thank you  guys
Enjoy

Indeed Suzan

But I don't want to miss the little ones growing up
And the family life taste

And also I don't have the regular weekends
Guess it comes with the job

Regards

Which Witch wrote:

With the toddlers living in any compound is ideal. For teenagers living anywhere in Saudi Arabia is a hell.

You don't mention the age of your children, but I totally agree with what Which Witch has written above.

I have been living in Saudia City most of my life, and yes, like you mentioned, it was the place to be in the 90s. It slowly became a ghost town till about a couple of years back, when it came back to life when they started renting it out to non-Saudia employees.

At present there is a good mix of Egyptian/Lebanese/Syrian/Jordanian families. The swimming pools and recreation areas are very well maintained and if your kid is a toddler, there is even a play school and KG school, within the compound. There is a big-enough supermarket, pharmacy and couple of cafes/restaurants which are always busy with families in the evenings, if you are into smoking shisha.

Suzan mentioned something about plumbing problems, I have no idea what she is referring to as I have never had any problems with the house. After all, the maintenance is free, if any problem arises.