Hope student visa for Ire

Good day all

I am a South African and really interested in studying in Ireland. I would like to know the process and my chances of getting one? I have read a lot of forum's regarding this but they seem to vary. Do i as a non visa requiring country need 7000euro in my account, because some say i only need course info, and 2000 euro? Can you please shed some light on this subject please?

regards

Hi,

maybe you'll find some first answers in the Ireland guide?

Thanx there was helpful info there but cant seem to find exact what im looking for. There is mention of monies but not clear or maybe i dont understand.
thanx again though.

regards

Hi
you need proof of the following to present to GNIB (Garda Immigration) to be given a year student visa.

1. Letter from college stating your acceptance of full years study (min 20 hours per week) and all course fee's paid in full
2. 7000 euro in an irish bank account (you can get one of these by showing your college letter to any bank and get a special student account which charges no fees)
3. Proof of private health insurance with an Irish firm ( I recommend VHI - stay away from QUINN)

This is what I was required to submit as an Australian citizen, hope this helps

Hi thank you for that information.